The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mechanic at Local Ford Dealer is taking Notes on my Van.

Both the Mechanic and the Service manager are taking notes on all the equipment on my Van.

The Service manager has seen a mag-Hytec tranny pan before, but never seen a rear end cover.

They both like the Guages, and the Thermo-Tec 2" Tape Wrap on the exhaust, and the AIC. They are going nuts over all the mods.

Another Ford Dealership in the next town, well those guys do 100s of diesels. They know almost all the tricks.,

I showed the Service manager an older TSB about the 7.3L Auto tranny Cooling Problems and he is going to install a new, larger Cooler for me as well as the Magnafine inline unit. It all started with the Cam Position Sensor Recall 07S57.

I finally found a good place to go.

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
Treat that place like gold - very few and far between.

Good find.

·
Registered
55 Posts
awesome list of options

I'd love to do the same to your van and crawl around and check out all the options. Whew, took me 10 minutes just to go through your list. What was the purpose of the 2" exhaust pipe tape, heat reduction or noise or both? I assume you wrapped it from turbo exit down to cat? I have a 98 15 passenger and a 96 7 passenger. My 98 is getting high 16 mpg but my 96 gets 19 - 20. If you don't mind what do you get? Hope you don't mind me picking your brain.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Might I ask what the number is on the TSB about the tranny?

And how big is the new cooler compared to the old?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts