The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have,nt voted for the membership fee for this site, please do so asp. We all know the knowledge that we have gained from each other through this site. it must be a real headach to maintain such a site. the friends that we have made,the little text wars, and above all the humor, we all love the humor, the bha spring thing? that was the best,espesially for those of us who went there!!! this site is not replaceable, so please, vote now to help jason do his thing so we all can learn and enjoy well into the future. some day, we will all meet at a ford diesel.com rally in the middle of the union. jason, we support you all the way. Matty

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
"Where do we vote?"

Scroll up to the top of this screen. Click on the big Ford-Diesel.Com logo, which will get you to the site's opening screen. On that screen, look for the survey, and vote on the survey.

Before you vote, become an informed voter. To do that, please go to the FORUMS screen and then to the Ford-Diesel.com forum. Read the thread begun by our WebMaster, JLester, about financing this site. To get to the Forums screen, scroll to the top of this screen and click on the big word FORUMS.

------------------
Smokey Wren in Midland County, Texas, with Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab

·
Registered
135 Posts
I agree with august!!!

------------------
1999 SD F-250 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat, Black Clearcoat, Med Prairie Tan Leather, 172"WB, Powerstroke, Auto, Limited Slip 3.73, Trailer Tow, Shift on the Fly, Sliding Rear Window, Cassette/CD, 4 wheel ABS, Trailer Hitch Receiver, Leather Captain's Chairs, Privacy Glass. Ordered 2/26/98. Built 7/98. Delivered 8/27/98.

·
Registered
264 Posts
a members fee is a bad idea...count me out....why pay $10-20 to stick my neck
out....oh wait i got it..,so i can get flamed from the webmaster when ford changes the content of an ssm three days
after it was put on oasis....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello Friends

Count me in. I have already received information worth more than a couple of years subscription, plus, I have met many friends (online at least) who share the same interest. This site requires a lot of administrative work. It is well worth a subscription.

WayneT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Froget the banners. That is one of the best things about this site. Use a small membership fee and if some people don't subscribe then it's their loss and they weren't any contribution anyway. Another example of people wanting something for nothing. If we can afford a $30,000 truck then we should be able to afford the fee if we want to join and if you don't want to join then: Goodbye, you probably were of little value here anyway!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I vote for the Membership and the product sales. It would cost me more for a magazine subcription and I wouldn't get the benefit of all the collective wisdom of PSD or diesel owners. Jason my product order will be in the mail today, I needed to get my truck first.

------------------
Y2K,PSD,F350,CC,4x4,DRW,LWB,4:10,LS,Lariat,Dp wdgwood Blue/HarvestGold,auto,Camppkg,offroad,
dualalt,trailertow,trlrhitch,privacyGLass,40/20/40seat,pto,idleconkit,premRadio,Power TTmirrors,
LT235.85x16OWL,General Grabbers,
Conceived 6/21/99 Arrived at dealer 09/20/99,My driveway 09/24/99

·
Registered
168 Posts
We also agree with WayneT, we have allready received enough information to more than justify an annual fee. Advertising would only slow down the site, and I for one like a site that is not trying to sell you something all the time. Take a minute to think of all the time Jason, and others, puts into this site, $20./year doesn't seem like much. And let's all not forget to order some products, we all wanted them, my order is on the way.

------------------
99 F250 SD XLT SC, Hunter Green, TT Mirrors, Born 8/21/98 - tow 34' Jayco 5th Wheel

·
Registered
248 Posts
eectech,
I voted for donations to fund the site, and I was considering some of the advice I have gotten from you when I did it. There are others like you who are here to help out others but don't really need advice themselves. I don't want to limit you and others from being able to help us out. I said in another thread that I would be willing to pay my share to keep it free.

I have been wondering where you have been. I hope you won't let a bad experience keep you from this site. Your advice has been very much appriciated.

[This message has been edited by Edgefit (edited 09-25-1999).]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Why wasn't sponsorship listed? The boys at DIS, PSR, Banks, etc. make moocho rawha on the users of this site recommending their products. I know, I've spent alot on addons recommended via this site. Let's see a few bucks returned to us.

------------------
'97 F-350 CC 4X4 PSD XLT LWB E4OD 4.10 - Stink'in and Lov'in it!

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Brian G. asked: "Why wasn't sponsorship listed? "

I don't understand your question. Jason already does the sponsorship thing. DIS (and others) is already a paid sponsor. The question was how to make ~more~ income to offset site expenses. Are you suggesting that Jason should solicit more companies to be sponsors?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I have only been around this site for about 4 days and I have learned where to get gauges (ordered them yesterday from DIS) Learned allot from DIS also and how to set my truck & hitch up for towing. So I voted yes in the survey for a membership fee. These trucks are so much different then getting into a gasser and going I really think all the info we can get about the motors, transmissions and the truck it self the better. Mike

------------------
99.5, F250, PSD, SD, SC, 4x4, Auto, Short Box, 3.73, Off Road Package, Towing Package, Camper Package, Solid Black with Tan Interior, TTmirrors

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes Jason has worked hard and the info is great...lets try advertisements, why pay and be like TDR?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would also support a membership fee. One good tip will more than pay for it. I've sure received a lot more than one good tip.

I would also suggest that Jason (at his discretion) allow some "non-paying" memberships (though not identified as such) for those who have particularly donated significant technical expertise. Beagle1 and eectech come immediately to mind, but there are others, too.

Heck -- I'd pay for at least one of their memberships myself. Their particular donations of knowledge have already been worth more than $10-$20 to me.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I origionally voted for membership, but now I am reconsidering the donation route. As several folk have pointed out on the Ford-Diesel.com forum, the number of members may drop significantly, as well as reduce the number of new members. I have never paid to join another site, but would be willing to do so no, but only because I know how valuable this site is. If I had to pay before joining, I would probably not joined, and would have missed out. Perhaps some of the suggestions SmokeyWren made in the Ford-Diesel.com forum could be used. My $0.02.

------------------
Brett T. Vincent

'00 F350 XLT 4x2 CC LWB, Island Blue/Parchment, PSD, Auto, 3.73 LS, Trailer Tow Mirrors (tele?), Keyless Entry, Power Seat, etc. Ordered 8/6/99. As of 9/22/99, still clean and unscheduled (the wait continues...)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I’ll try to clarify my suggestion of sponsorship.

As of writing, this site has 3081 registered members. These members “visit” this site on a very regular basis. As with any advertising media “coverage” is essence.
The better coverage you have of a targeted audience, the more attractive your media becomes to sponsorship.

For example, you own a radio station that has a target audience of people who like to hunt. Who do you think would be the major
advertisers on your station? Maybe sporting goods stores......right.

Hey guys think…..you’re the bait not the target!

It’s your use of this site that make it attractive to advertisers and/or sponsors.

Just think of how great it would be if a radio station owner could sell ads and also charge the listeners a fee to tune into his station.

This is what makes America great....FREE ENTERPRISE!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts