The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason,
What happened to your effort to put a section listing all the members in F-D.com???
IRV2.com has one on there site.
Is there a privacy issue that has been raised or is that one of the "Hacks" that you talk about??

Greg

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Would love to see a user database even one like you had at abol would be great.

Keith

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer Jason. That was a side of the equation I had not considered.
I hope you keep it in mind in the future.

Greg

·
Registered
597 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fishhook:
Jason,
What happened to your effort to put a section listing all the members in F-D.com???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I'd hope we'd be asked before being included in a member's list. If you want to get in touch with me, you can look at my profile and I'm really not interested in being real easy to find out that I'm a member of this site. I get enough solicitations and junk email as it is.

Jason, you can keep this at the bottom of the list as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
00 250 XLT SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer

[This message has been edited by Koakey (edited 08-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koakey,
The following was just taken off the registration page and would seem to me to be a warning that whatever you place in the registration will become public in some way or form.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Note: all of the information provided on this page (with the exception of your password) will be viewable by anyone visiting the bulletin board. Thus, if you don't feel comfortable about completing certain fields, just leave them blank.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think all of us speed read through the legal stuff to get to the real meat of this site.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Koakey:
...I'm really not interested in being real easy to find out that I'm a member of this site...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats kind of a double negative isnt it??
Anyone who will drive one of these trucks is wanting to get noticed.
Especially a bright amber one, got any pictures to post??
Also I can't see any reason not to want to be known with this site.
Greg

------------------
96 F250 SC XLT, PSD, LWB 4x4 (4.10s) Hayden 24K BTU Trans Cooler, Triple A-pillar Guage Pack, Air lift Air Ride.
Y2K Wildwood 5er 32ft home away from home!

[This message has been edited by Fishhook (edited 08-06-2000).]

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Fishhook

I don't put anything in my profile for the exact reason that I don't want to be noticed by folks promoting junk mail.

I also don't want to be included on any public membership list. My reasons are my own and are not debateable nor are they up for being second-guessed by other members. Include your own info, if you want to, but I'm with Koakey - I prefer anonymity. If I have a choice in the matter, I would not want to be included on any membership lists.

------------------
Kevin

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin,
If you had fully read my post you would know that I only asked Jason if he had ditched the membership list idea for privacy reasons, or just a lack of time to complete the project. He informed all that he's just too busy. I thought it was axed due to complaints about releasing of personal information as it was listed as under construction earlier this year. I have no problem with the release of information I have listed, I made a conscious decision as what to include here.
Jason has placed many warnings at all the entry portals to the effect that you can remain anonymous. So if you have any information that you do not wish passed on, do not provide it to Jason to be released and your wishes will be satisfied.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is... invasive of a person's privacy... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> We at Ford-Diesel.Com also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
As for trying to second guess you, that is the farthest thing from my mind. I have absolutely no clue who you are except what you post and that is pretty distasteful at times. In your own words you proclaim "...no one should be tossed off the site for being a pain. I have to support that policy or I would have been tossed long ago!..." http://forums.ford-diesel.com:8080/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000288-2.html. I'm glad you are exercising your God given right to not reveal your identity to any and all who happen to pass through this site. I ask only that you fully read and understand a post before you formulate an opinion and reply. You also might try another form of anonymity, silence!

Greg

PS: As an after thought I am rather reluctantly beginning to believe another post here that basically stated the typical owner of a PSD is antisocial (I wish I could find it again for closer review and to give credit to the owner of that thought). I hope that this is not a fact but with the many efforts to form regional clubs, with little or no response, I have little choice but to succumb to this logic.

[This message has been edited by Fishhook (edited 08-07-2000).]

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Churlish posts like the one above speak volumes without me adding anything further. In response, I could only say:

"You have a nice day, Fishhook."

[This message has been edited by kreynol2 (edited 08-07-2000).]

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Main Entry: churl·ish
Pronunciation: 'ch&r-lish
Function: adjective
Date: before 12th century
1 : of, resembling, or characteristic of a churl : VULGAR
2 : marked by a lack of civility or graciousness : SURLY
3 : difficult to work with or deal with : INTRACTABLE <churlish soil>
synonym see BOORISH

We are known by our actions and our words.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Thank you for making my point. I believe your previous post fits the definition you gave exactly.

Let's see - all I asked was that you not second-guess my desire for privacy as you had done with Koakey. In that post, you wondered why anyone would not want to be publicly associated with this site, then started into pychoanalysis about the true motivations of someone who drives a PSD. I did not want to have you do this with my desire for privacy and said so.

In return, you quote parts of the member's agreement regarding privacy to inform me on how to best protect that anonymity, stating that I had not apparently read your reply. If you will trot on back up to my original post, you will note that I had, prior to your superfluous restatement of the obvious, taken care of the very item on which you were educating me. In that respect, your admonition to fully read and understand a post before replying is ironic. Hoist on your own petard, seemingly.

Further, you state that my posts are distasteful to you, again stating that I should read a post and understand it before formulating a reply, then stating that I should perhaps silence myself if I truly wanted anonymity.

All this simply because I wanted a little privacy. Sheesh! Having a bad day, Fishhook?

------------------
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kreynol2 (edited 08-07-2000).]

·
Registered
597 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fishhook:

PS: As an after thought I am rather reluctantly beginning to believe another post here that basically stated the typical owner of a PSD is antisocial (I wish I could find it again for closer review and to give credit to the owner of that thought). I hope that this is not a fact but with the many efforts to form regional clubs, with little or no response, I have little choice but to succumb to this logic.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greg, if you want to believe that everyone who doesn't want to get involved with a PSD regional club is anti-social, feel free. I don't consider myself anti-social but hanging around and talking truck all day on a regular basis doesn't excite me that much and I have plenty of other social activities to keep me busy.

Oh, and I didn't pick the color to get noticed, I picked the color because I liked it.

------------------
00 250 XLT SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts