The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. For the second time I have messed up my profile and lost my password. I mistyped my email address when trying to change it. The forum issued me a new password but it's lost in cyberspace somwhere. I started out a Johnboy. Then lost my password and became Johnboy2. Now I'm Johnboy3. I really don't want to lose my post count again.

Can anyone help me? Please.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hello, johnboy3, I to screwed up on my profile. i posted a ? on 09-01-2000 in Ford-Diesel.Com section. look there to see what smokey had to say .One thing tho, I tried to register with my new preferred name and I could not. I was told my e-mail address was being used. I sent an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a delete of my old username and password so I can start all over. Am still waiting for a reply. good luck , hope this helps. JohnManoulian who wants new username to be regit.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello? Hello? Testing 1,2,3. Is this thing on?

Can anyone hear me? Hello!

[This message has been edited by Johnboy3 (edited 09-08-2000).]

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Only the WebMaster handles that sort of stuff, and you may have gathered that he's a very busy man.

I suspect your best shot is to send an e-mail to [email protected], include all 3 of your usernames, tell him which of the 3 you want to use, and tell him the password to the one you are now using [so he can be pretty sure it's really you, and not your buddy trying to make trouble].
He'll probably then e-mail you the password to the one you want to use, and delete the other two.

------------------
Ole retired guy in west Texas with Darling Wife and Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 09-09-2000).]

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'll try it exactly as you say. Although I have already sent an email with no response at all.

------------------
1997 F-250, PSD, E4OD, Ext. Cab, 4x4, intercooler, 3" downpipe, 4" exhaust, propane injection, [email protected], +150 horse chip ordered, new name, same old Johnboy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I too messed things up a month or so ago, and I just reregistered and didn't sweat it. I did email Jason about it and said I had been this, I was now that, and I even figured the password would be a good idea. I never worried about it because I figured jason didn't want to take too much time away from his ford to deal with little easy problems. So give him some time and I expect everything will straighten out.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
The problem is that the UBB software makes it very difficult for adminstrators to make changes to user accounts. The next version is supposed to fix some of those problems. As it is, I've have to telnet into the server, figure out your user number, and manually edit the user file. It's a lot of trouble. People should just make sure of their changes before they submit it.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
108 Posts
Johnboy3, Did you get your profile problem resolved? I am still waiting for our webmaster, to change mine from JohnManoulian to riget. I think i have some very good ideas to contribute to this site. Just waiting to see if I am welcome here, If you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnManoulian:
I am still waiting for our webmaster, to change mine from JohnManoulian to riget. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, you don't need to wait for the WebMaster. Just register under the new UserID, riget. You'll receive the new password via e-mail. With the new password, then you can go into the profile for riget and change the password to something you prefer.

After you get riget working to your satisfaction, then send an e-mail to the WebMaster asking him to delete UserID JohnManoulian.

BTW, whatsa riget?

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 09-19-2000).]

·
Registered
178 Posts
PAssword Problems? I hate to keep track of usernames/passwords and have found that Gator is a great service to keep track of ALL you usernames and passwords on the web..It automatically fills in all the info for every site. It's free and easy to registerand/download......Go to http://www.gator.com

------------------
NRA Patron Member1999 F-350 PSD 4X4Crew Cab Lauriat, WD Turbo Brake, WD Chip,37ft Sidekick 3 horse gooseneck with LQ's (15.5K),Wind Deflector.New tranny, New disc brakes ..All covered by Ford!RedLine V/H brakes. Three TWH's and 6 Brittanys

·
Registered
65 Posts
John,
You might just want to start a www.mail.com account and use that address to register a new name. Like Smokey said, this is a part time gig for Jason, he's very busy, and solving the problem on your end is MUCH easier than on his. I'd try not to take it personally. If you've searched around a bit some folks here have been pretty far out there and their contributions have always been welcomed. Your's are too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts