The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my 2005 KR F350 in 2006 for a 2007 classic GMC/Duramax. It has been 3 1/2 years with the only problem a leaky power steering hose. With that said the 2011 F350 or F450 with all the new upgrades is calling me back.

Can you order the actual 5th wheel hitch installed or is it just the mounts on the frame for some certain brand of hitch? I watched and read everything and to me it was a little ambiguous.

Well, answered my question with one more search and found the video showing it in the fender flare thread.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I sold my 2005 KR F350 in 2006 for a 2007 classic GMC/Duramax. It has been 3 1/2 years with the only problem a leaky power steering hose. With that said the 2011 F350 or F450 with all the new upgrades is calling me back.

Can you order the actual 5th wheel hitch installed or is it just the mounts on the frame for some certain brand of hitch? I watched and read everything and to me it was a little ambiguous.

Well, answered my question with one more search and found the video showing it in the fender flare thread.
Army pilot
a cool feature with the hitch shown in the vid is a 24K signature series with a gooseneck addition. It is new this year. last couple of years was the adapter for the pucks and a 30K plug in. I bought the 2010 and added the 24K and then bought the 3oK gooseneck set up. works so nice.

·
Registered
368 Posts
From my understanding, it is a hitch prep option with dealer installation. My guess is that all the holes will be there to have the hitch installed by the dealer at a premium. It could be the same reece that you can buy anywhere or has a few misaligned holes. I am sure though that someone will utilize the prep for aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts