The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Torque Pro running on a tablet in my truck and was wondering if anyone has a working "miles to empty" pid working on the 2016 F250's. I recently changed my fuel tank. I installed a 50 gallon Titan tank and would like the "miles to empty" to work on my tablet. The pid I tried does not work.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ford can also reprogram your truck mte to work with the 50 gallon Titan tank (at least you could on the 11/12s, some members on here got it done for us!)

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I don't worry about the miles to empty as much as watch the gallons used. I reset one trip meter each fill up. I can then see how many gallons i have used on a trip. I start looking for fuel station when it is 10 gallons or less remaining.

And yes, the dealer or someone with the Ford IDS, can change the tank size for your truck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand Ford or someone with the software can do it. I just wanted it to work on my tablet until I can get to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Not aware of a PID to do that. When I used TorquePro, could never find any data to compute that value. Even the Edge CTS/CTS2 does not have a mile to empty option for their devices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts