The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 F-250 7.3 IDI
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, diesel newb here

I recently bought a 1992 with a 7.3 and I’ve slowly been chipping away at certain things like belts and glow plugs. Then I came across the injectors. I bought new injectors and replaced them but I struggled getting the line onto cylinder one. I really fouled the “sensor” threads and had to buy a new sensor and bought all new lines too.

So my International Diesel Mechanic
and I put new lines on and a new sensor. The part I bought for that sensor said the part was replaced with another part and it had instructions to set the timing up after it’s put on. We never made any adjustments on the IP. And I tossed out that paper with instructions on it.

After we did replaced the lines I felt like the truck was running fine for a couple days, but could be wrong, it wasn’t until the third day did I notice it was running rough at stoplights, but not necessarily in Park.

Now we both agree that it has a misfire and I’m going to crack each injector line to determine what injector is misfiring, but I wanted to know if any of you have replaced that sensor and remember if the new part is what’s causing my misfire or could it be the injectors I replaced?

The part number was J9TZ-9F838-A and was visually different from the original part I fouled up, but it fit in the injector just fine

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That "sensor" is for timing purposes. It by itself doesn't change timing. It sounds like one of your injectors is bleeding down, or sticking. Find the miss, pull that injector and get it pop tested. That failing put one of the old ones back in and see if the miss goes away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.