The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
In my truck, the recommended pressure is 65 PSI for all tires. I think the alarm pressure may be low, like 25 psi or so. I will let you guys know tomorrow, I am going to go bug my dealer and show them the problem. I want to deflate two tires, and show them that the computer says they are in a different spot than they are.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cadamwil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my truck, the recommended pressure is 65 PSI for all tires. I think the alarm pressure may be low, like 25 psi or so. I will let you guys know tomorrow, I am going to go bug my dealer and show them the problem. I want to deflate two tires, and show them that the computer says they are in a different spot than they are. </div></div>

Hmmm. Mine is 55psi front, 70psi rear. Clearly much to learn about this gidget.

·
Registered
148 Posts
OK, On mine the fob may not be required, I deflated one tire, and it just said "Ding, Low Tire pressure." The turn on pressure for the alarm seemed to be 45 PSI but mine are 65 all the way around. So, the fob may only be required if you have differing pressure recommendations.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What Cadamwill said :).

That is the party line I'm hearing from my dealer. That is, if your door jamb sticker says 65 all around, you don't get (nor need) the fob. That is the case with my F-250. Still not sure I have a complete understanding here; say I'm towing all the time, and decide I'm a 70 back/55 front guy. Now when I rotate, of course I need to get out the compressor for the new backs, and ease up those fronts. Is this a fobbable event -- as in aren't the sensors gonna be confused after that rotation, or am I looking at this the wrong way? I'm certainly not a fan of driving into the dealer to get them reset.

Bobby Williams, if you're around -- can you give us any insight on how you are handling these TPMS's for your recent deliveries?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a set of 35" Pro Comps put on my 08' 350 with 20" wheels. I had to under inflate the tires so that I have even wear across the entire tread. Two days after installing the tires, the low pressure light has shown up. (Why didn't it come on immediately?) I just tried using the fob thingy to re train the sensors. No luck, the light is still on. By the way, I am running 58 lbs. on the fronts and 62 on the rears.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slingshot2005</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a set of 35" Pro Comps put on my 08' 350 with 20" wheels. I had to under inflate the tires so that I have even wear across the entire tread. Two days after installing the tires, the low pressure light has shown up. (Why didn't it come on immediately?) I just tried using the fob thingy to re train the sensors. No luck, the light is still on. By the way, I am running 58 lbs. on the fronts and 62 on the rears. </div></div>

Using the fob to retrain your sensors will not cure your problem. The only thing that will turn off the light is airing up the tires beyond the sensor low set point. Unfortunately your 35" tires will be over-inflated before you reach that point.

From the B pillar, what pressures are supposed to be in your factory tires? My guess is the light is on due to the TPMS thinking the rears are low.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts