The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hopefully I did not cause any damage to my 2014 F 250 6.7 engine... I changed my oil recently putting Mobile 1 Turbo diesel 5w-40 before checking Fords WSS-M2C171-F1 specification sheet. I guess I would like your suggestions/thoughts if Mobile 1 5w-40 will cause any damage to my engine? I like Mobile 1 and have used it in my other vehicles but I did not do my homework and now I know it does not meet Fords WSS-M2C171-F1 specification....

Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Do you drive 7-10k in less than a year?? If you want just drain it out and go with an approved oil. It's not the end of the world.

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Dump it if you want. Buy MC 10w30, it's a tad cheaper and you get more per bottle. You could shop around for some Valvoline Extreme Blue or Rott T6 in 5w40 if that is your preferred flavor.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I would not dump it. I would run it and then use a different oil next oil change. 5k to 10k miles is not an issue. Ford did the test for longer distances over time to see the wear issue was a problem or not.

·
Registered
163 Posts
OP
We spent so much extra money on the diesel that I see no reason to skimp on oil. Now don't get me wrong I love Mobil 1 and have used it in several cars with great results.. I just think that it saves lots of headaches and worry to just get the Motorcraft and be done with it. I made a friend at my Ford dealer and I get my oil directly from him. Not sure how much of a deal I get but any deal is better than nothing.
Sure there guys out there that say you can use this oil or that one and you probably can without issue. You can always trust Motorcraft brand oil.
I also don't change my own oil although I can. I just got tired of lugging it down to the recyclers to dump it. I buy my oil and filters from my guy then take it to Quick lane and tell them the stuff is in the back and for $29 i get a tire rotation and a oil change and multi point inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts