The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use these tiles and have thoughts on them? This is for a garage that just parks cars and has foot traffic. No real work is done in this garage.

·
Super Moderator
24,890 Posts
Haven't used them, but I can see the floor covering creeping around or buckling, given it's a free floating system. Say you put a cabinet in one spot, that essentially locks it down.

You also have to do some filling and potentially grinding to smooth out the concrete prior to installation. If you're going to go that far, I'd just bite the bullet and pay up for an epoxy coating.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I go with a coating, it seems like polyurea is now the way to go. It seems like a touch more expensive, but easier to work with a more durable. The beauty of the tiles is that you can just put it right down on the existing concrete. No grinding, sanding or prep required.

·
Super Moderator
24,890 Posts
The beauty of the tiles is that you can just put it right down on the existing concrete. No grinding, sanding or prep required.
Not what I saw on the install instructions, but if your floor is unusually smooth, you could probably get away without prep.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Not what I saw on the install instructions, but if your floor is unusually smooth, you could probably get away without prep.
Floor has to free of oil or grease for glues and paints. A two part epoxy is the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts