The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been years since I have been on. Man I miss this place.

So I finally took all my waste vegetable oil stuff off the F350. I had done the excursion a few years back. Since CA added the smog tests I always went to a special guy for my smog test.

So thinking I was good I went to a local place for a smog test and he failed me. First he failed my because the stupid ass book said I was required to have a cat on a 99.5. Went to ford and got my build date, talked to the BAR and they said I was right shop was wrong. So win 1.

He also failed me on "fuel metering" tampering for after marked fuel pressure regulator as part of my Reg return kit. I was sooooo pissed as it passed all the smoke tests etc and he failed me for that.

So Im going back to my buddy thats a little further away. Should have just went there to begin with but live an learn.

So I was thinking of moving my FPR below deck on the frame rail just to avoid any issues down the road. Already deleted fuel bowl etc.

Anyone see an issue with this?

AJ

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
I don't see any problems with doing that. It's just longer hoses. You will need to be careful with hose routing.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin Im so glad to see your still on here!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Are you going to sell your WVO kit?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not much really to sell that I could ship or would be worth shipping. It was a custom job a mix of VeggieStroke and Frybrid design I called the Fyrbristroke. It was basically a regulated return system that was controlled with check valves on the feed side. You could build it from scratch yourself pretty easily.

You need two 3 way switching valves, I prefer and excursion tank for WVO, Hotfox pickup is what i used, some one way check valves (I could send you those as they are small), I used 3/8" aluminum tube in 3/4" heater hose as my fuel lines and my return loop. Worked well for a very long time I just dont have the time to collect oil anymore.

Did this on my 99.5 and my Excursion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts