The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not miles per gallon M-peg

My brother sends me a M-peg file, I click on it and there is a slight delay and in the lower LEFT corner it says done but no m-peg? What am doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sounds like it is being saved to disk and not opened.

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Band_Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like it is being saved to disk and not opened. </div></div>

OK so then what? I'm dense on this!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Try Right-clicking on the file, and select Open Using ... if you want to play it. It will give you a list of programs that you can select from to play the video file.

short_stuff

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: short_stuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Right-clicking on the file, and select Open Using ... if you want to play it. It will give you a list of programs that you can select from to play the video file.

short_stuff </div></div>

Merci. I'll give it a go!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
On the system I am using whenever I get an e-mailed .mpeg or .wmv file and click on it a cell opens asking me whether to "Save to disk" or "Open with". Under "open with" there is a pull down menu. I have selected windows media player in the window.

By default the cell opens and reverts to the selection (save or open) last time it was opened. Mine is always selected to "Open with" unless I change it to "Save to disk".

You may be saving your .mpeg to a folder where you will have to go and just as short stuff said double click on the file to get it to open.

Hope that clarifies and helps you some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts