The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a ts 6 position chip on my truck. The truck also has the MPG reader and miles to empty info. Before the chip it was pretty accurate. Any input on how accurate it would be after the chip? I'm reading 20MPG highway and 18 in the city. THANKS

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Just hand calculate it. Fill up until you see the fuel at the cap, reset your mileage and when empty, refill the same way, take your mileage/ gal fill up and you'll get the exact MPG.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
561 Posts
Normally, they become pretty inaccurate once your put a chip on. The tunes usually modify parameters that the overhead uses to calculate mileage.

As stated, hand calculation is always best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I will probably do the hand calculation I just get anxious when filling because of so much foaming. Guess I'll have to do it a few folks. @Justin I have an off topic question but when sending in a TS chip for a reburn to you guys, if I leave a position option on "None" when ordering, will that leave the generic ts tune on there or will it be a blank position on the chip??

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
If I remember correctly it's whatever the last tune is.

Say you want 3 tunes. The last 3 will be whatever that third tune was.

Corey at cncfab charges 100 bucks for 6 php custom stock tunes. Food for thought.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah I will probably do the hand calculation I just get anxious when filling because of so much foaming. Guess I'll have to do it a few folks. @Justin I have an off topic question but when sending in a TS chip for a reburn to you guys, if I leave a position option on "None" when ordering, will that leave the generic ts tune on there or will it be a blank position on the chip??

Thanks for the help
You can do the Harpoon mod to the tank to make it easier filling up.

If you leave the tune option as None, nothing will be in that position. The TS chip is erased before the reburn, so any of the existing tunes on the chip would be gone. You do not have to have all 6 positions filled with tunes though. If you only want 3, we can do that. You will just want to adjust your knob accordingly.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
You can do the Harpoon mod to the tank to make it easier filling up.
I agree with Justin...the Harpoon mod made filling much easier. Now once the nozzle clicks off, the most I can get in is another gallon if that.

Griz

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
X3 on the Harpoon Mod. Just like Griz said I let the pump kick off automatically and then all I can get in after that is maybe one gallon. Filled up at a Big Rig pump and could only lock the handle at about half way because the flow out of the pump was so fast. The nozzle was so big it almost got stuck in my tank's fill neck. The Harpoon Mod still worked great.
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts