The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! :icon_mad: It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! :icon_mad: It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Very Very interested in finding wider front flaps than whats on there. It seems the guy putting the factory flaps on didn't notice the wider front end

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the Duraflap rears /w the stainless steel weights last week. They should be here Wednesday or Thursday. If the fit/finish is good, then I'll probably order some fronts from them as well. I agree with you Outlaw, the front flaps are woefully inadequate!

·
Registered
12 Posts
same here ordered duaflaps 12" front and back i thought 14" was to wide? what does the husky liners or ford flaps measure? also i dont know where the extra two inches is achieved outside the tire or to the inside?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same here ordered duaflaps 12" front and back i thought 14" was to wide? what does the husky liners or ford flaps measure? also i dont know where the extra two inches is achieved outside the tire or to the inside?
Alex, have you installed them yet?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
no not yet but those cheap plastic looking ones from ford or husky just are not for me i will post some pics this weekend if they get here??? I did order the 14" wide ones cause i plan on a small lift kit like 3 n the front 2 n da back with add a leaf in the rear for having a 250 with the readylift kit

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the Duraflaps and LOVE them, NOTHING hits the truck. The install is a little confusing but the fit and finish is top notch. I got the ones with the SS without rivets showing. Same for front and rear.

Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Duraflaps and LOVE them, NOTHING hits the truck. The install is a little confusing but the fit and finish is top notch. I got the ones with the SS without rivets showing. Same for front and rear.

Tim
Thanks Tim, that's awfully encouraging!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tim, Can you post some pictures of the duraflaps? I am looking for mud flaps and would like to see them on a truck...Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am working long hours this week so I will get some this weekend.

Tim

·
Registered
592 Posts
I posted these in another thread, they are pictures that Duraflap sent to me when I inquired about them. I am supposed to pick my truck up tomorrow as have a set sitting in the shop waiting to go on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well I took some pix but cant figure out how to post them. I will try later.

Tim

·
Registered
713 Posts
whats the best kind to get if you have Bushwacker flairs.. Im looking for a little more protection.. or .. will they look stupid..Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
213 Posts
Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

WMB... can I ask what size mud flaps you ordered?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Still waiting for someone to post up a pic of molded flaps on a truck with the fender flares. Mine is white with the adobe flares. I like the Duraflap look but waiting on a photo comparison before I decide which way to go.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Still waiting for someone to post up a pic of molded flaps on a truck with the fender flares. Mine is white with the adobe flares. I like the Duraflap look but waiting on a photo comparison before I decide which way to go.
Ordered mine from Duraflap yesterday. Molded do not compare to these (IMO). My truck is same as below so should look sweet...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are my heavy duty mud flaps I have on my truck there made by Gator Back. I really like them. The molded one's I first bought just didn't do it for me. Also have the Gator Back flaps on the front as well.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The bigger question is how did your DRW trucks come with RWL rugged trail tires??? I got generals on mine!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts