The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chris1450 I have not seen a 2wd model yet in the 2011 DRW but I know past year models had the general tires. And those that had the 4x4 and FX4 packages on the DRW both had the RWL rugged trail tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chris, Also when I factory ordered the truck it was a $295.00 Cdn option that the salesman and I checked off on the list with FX4 pkg.

Rick

·
Registered
507 Posts
I didn't see that option.. I wish I would have gotten it. Never have liked general tires. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Saftey man how do those mount?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both the fronts and the backs are mounted in place with sheet metal screws.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ehhhh...rather not screw into my truck

·
Registered
160 Posts
ehhhh...rather not screw into my truck
How else could they be mounted? :stickpoke:
Most of them use existing holes, if you look Ford has put a few hole there already. Even the generic ones have you drill the flaps not the truck in most cases.
One thing I noticed on my last truck, after 8 years the factory molded flaps had rubbed through the paint. I plan on getting some of that clear tape that is used for paint protection and cutting it to fit under whichever flaps I put on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How else could they be mounted? :stickpoke:
Most of them use existing holes, if you look Ford has put a few hole there already. Even the generic ones have you drill the flaps not the truck in most cases.
One thing I noticed on my last truck, after 8 years the factory molded flaps had rubbed through the paint. I plan on getting some of that clear tape that is used for paint protection and cutting it to fit under whichever flaps I put on.

:lol: i donno maybe gorilla glue? Or how bout some velcrow? :lol: just playing didnt know that learn something new everyday.:ford:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got my Duraflaps in the mail this weekend. Can't wait to get them on the truck. Now just have to wait for the truck to get here...

The Duraflaps really are a lot heavier material than I thought they'd be. I'm very impressed. I went with the longer 14" rears to help keep rocks off the trailer when I'm towing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a SRW F250 and got my Duraflaps last week. I mounted the “drill-less”, steel weighted model front and rear this past weekend. The fronts went on no problem. The rears were a little tricky. The existing holes on the truck lined up well with the holes on the flaps but I had a few problems with the angled bracket supplied with the kit. I was just too long to line up correctly. I had to drill another hole on the untwisted end, essentially shortening the bracket ¾”, to make it look decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a SRW F250 and got my Duraflaps last week. I mounted the “drill-less”, steel weighted model front and rear this past weekend. The fronts went on no problem. The rears were a little tricky. The existing holes on the truck lined up well with the holes on the flaps but I had a few problems with the angled bracket supplied with the kit. I was just too long to line up correctly. I had to drill another hole on the untwisted end, essentially shortening the bracket ¾”, to make it look decent.
Good to know. I think it will be easiest if I have the rear wheels out of the way when I install these, eh? I'm going to be putting some aftermarket wheels/tires on anyhow, so just as well do it when I'm swapping them around. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
From where are you guys ordering the Duraflaps? I have a F350 SRW CC LWB with the 275/70/18 tires on order. Which models would I need for the front and rear?

·
Registered
364 Posts

Would you still recommend them to fellow members? Looking at getting the same one's. Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would you still recommend them to fellow members? Looking at getting the same one's. Thanks
I would recommend these to members wholeheartedly - They are a very well made product and IMO, look great. One thing to remember though - if the holes in your truck are like mine, you will have to re-drill the bracket. I have a drill press that made it quite simple; it would be trickier if you try to drill it by hand... :ford:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would recommend these to members wholeheartedly - They are a very well made product and IMO, look great. One thing to remember though - if the holes in your truck are like mine, you will have to re-drill the bracket. I have a drill press that made it quite simple; it would be trickier if you try to drill it by hand... :ford:
I to have access to a drill press, thanks for the heads up. Did you purchase directly from duraflap? At 130.00 a set?:ford:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I to have access to a drill press, thanks for the heads up. Did you purchase directly from duraflap? At 130.00 a set?:ford:
Yes - I did purchase from Duraflap direct - i wanted to make sure I was getting the right product – I had read somewhere about incorrect models being supplied. I had a woman walk me through the ordering. She also asked me if I was a member of the “Ford” forum – to get a 10% discount. I wasn’t sure what forum she was referring to, but I didn’t think it was wise to ask. I just said yes – she only asked for my Userid – I am a member of a number of forums for the 6.7 powerstroke so I thought I was being honest… :icon_wink: When I ordered there was a little back-log – the flaps took about 10 days to get here. – They were shipped from Oregon to NY.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Flaps and mpg

Has anyone investigated whether flaps reduce mpg? I am thinking I'll go for a set of these Duraflaps, but don't really want to see lower mpg, and will wait if they have a negative affect.

Thanks,

rw

·
Registered
95 Posts
Has anyone investigated whether flaps reduce mpg? I am thinking I'll go for a set of these Duraflaps, but don't really want to see lower mpg, and will wait if they have a negative affect.

Thanks,

rw
I would let you know but I think it would be faulty information. I keep constant track of my mileage, tank to tank. Just after I installed the flaps I changed my oil (Rotella 5W40) and got the Reflash - So I think these things affected my mileage more than the flaps. I saw an increase of .6 mpg for these last 280 miles or so (lie-o-meter) from 18.4 to 19. (combined local and highway driving). I am getting an actual mileage of 17.9 gpm calculated - but I will have to wait for the next gas tank re-fill to calculate the actual mileage with the flaps, oil change and reflash. :ford:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Would someone who has the duraflaps measure how far they actually extend down? I am so disappointed in my Ford flaps, they are so short they only extend down 6 inches and dirt/mud starts to hit my truck 4 inches behind the flaps. They sure leave a lot of the truck body unprotected, not to mention the trash that hits my 5'er.
I am considering Duraflaps but I want to make sure they will give me better protection from the dirt/mud road I live on.

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 142 Posts