The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Call DuraFlap, they have a couple of lengths available. I believe mine hang about 9" above the ground. The rear of the wheel well is about 20.5 inches off the ground so they are about 11-11.5 inches below the body.

BH

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed my DuraFlaps today and ran into difficulties with the rear flaps. I have a Lariat, which has plastic molded flairs around the wheel wells. The front flair fit is good and allowed easy mounting of the mud flaps, the rear flairs do not have the good fit and left the DuraFlap bracket too short.

I tried forcing the flair back but that caused it to distort. I ended up using a longer bolt and a couple of extra nuts to act as a 1" extension to the bracket.

The mud flaps are not to blame, it's the installation of the rear wheel flairs that caused my problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you guys with the duraflaps get 14" wide rear and 12" wide fronts? Ordered mine last week and the women on the phone said that is what most people order.... Just worried it's going to look odd................

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you guys with the duraflaps get 14" wide rear and 12" wide fronts? Ordered mine last week and the women on the phone said that is what most people order.... Just worried it's going to look odd................
I got the 12"s front and rear. I too am wondering how the 14"s would look on the rear with the 12" fronts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just ordered the Dura Flaps 12's for front and back. Had the Husky's but didn't think they looked big enough. I should be getting them this week.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anyone running the ford flaps off of FordAccessories.com? Dealer was very happy with my report i sent back for him and he sent me a 20% off coupon for that site i was looking the the rubber ones not molded.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the F450 DRW and just installed the duraflaps stainless trimmed models on the rear. Super easy install and they look fantastic. The key to installing is start with the top bolt just to have it hang or supported and then install the bolt furthest to the inner wheel well area. Then work back. I say this as the inner wheel is the hardest area to reach and you have more freedom with the flap to adjust and/or get to the bolt and nut guides.

Great product. Did not install anything on the front as there is a factory mud deflector already installed.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Action Accessories also now has flaps available. I took my truck in about a month ago and they used it make the stencils for the kit. Basically same flap as last years just with some different mounting holes. I used to love the pro flaps, but I think they've gone out of business like so many of the great accessory companies.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

Because of these pics and the positive feedback on them, I ordered the DuraFlaps smooth stainless for both front and rear and they are on the way. :thumbsup:

Sad part is, My truck was ordered on Oct. 27th and as of yet, Ford has not picked it up for production yet :( At least I can buy stuff for it now so when it gets here I will be busy installing it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Because of these pics and the positive feedback on them, I ordered the DuraFlaps smooth stainless for both front and rear and they are on the way. :thumbsup:

Sad part is, My truck was ordered on Oct. 27th and as of yet, Ford has not picked it up for production yet :( At least I can buy stuff for it now so when it gets here I will be busy installing it.
know how it feels to wait. mine is being built today !!hooray !!!
duraflap mudflaps on special order. i talked with nina via phone and emails. she is building a set with a scorpion on the back flaps and the naked lady 002 on the front flaps. the rear flaps with the scorpion will have GRIZZ
etched in the middle of the scorpion !!! cant wait to see them !!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Questions for those with the Duraflap and DRW.

Do the 20" wide rear flaps cover the tires from edge to edge?

Anyone compare the 12" versus the 14" for the front?

Even if it stuck out a bit I'm thinking the 14" would offer a bit more protection.

I ordered the factory DRW flaps with my truck. Waste of money. Same with the factory "upgraded" floor mats.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ford Factory mud flaps installed today. Finally after a long wait, the factory flaps arrived and I picked them up and proceeded to install. The back ones went on with little fanfare and look pretty good. The front ones are a different animal. The clips that are used to hold the inner liner in place are a bear. You will need a pair of pliers to reach up inside the back part of the liner to hold the clip while you back out the screw. There are two screws that require this. Then you repeat the process on the installation. That is the hardest part. We are expecting a good snow on friday so this will be a good test as to how well they keep the snow from the 20-inch michelins off the side steps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Duraflaps here-- all the way around on my 2011 F350 SRW- This is my second time around with Duraflap-- excellent product. The grooves on the inside of the flap surface really do help with road spray

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, I came across this site a couple weeks ago while searching for aftermarket mud flaps for my new 6.7.

Thanks to all the advice of others I ended up ordering the Duraflap drill less 12" Front and Backs for my F350 SRW. On the front I went with the bolt pattern, and the back I went with the custom Elk Design, being from Wyoming and all. Shipping was very fast, and their Customer service was excellent.

Opened them up for Christmas this morning and it took about an hour to install. Very easy instructions to follow, and all the included hardware was a perfect match for the truck. So far I am impressed with the design and quality of the flap, now time will tell how they last in my Wyoming winters.

·
Registered
196 Posts
... So far I am impressed with the design and quality of the flap, now time will tell how they last in my Wyoming winters...
Hello Wyo--

I also live in WYO- On my previous truck I installed Duraflaps over 3 years ago. When I sold the truck they looked brand new. I'm not afraid to take my vehicles off road hunting or camping. I never had an issue with the flaps breaking- tearing or bending.

I also installed new Duraflaps on my new truck last week- Yesterday-I was a on friends dirt ( bentonite mud ) road - this was after I washed my Tuxedo Black truck - my wife leaned over, smiled and said I would be sorry for going down the road with a freshly washed truck-- I was totally amazed-- no mud what so ever on the rocker panels or on the steps---the flaps held the mud without slinging it down the side of the truck....

I highly recommend DuraFlaps---

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
DuraFlaps Rock! Santa brought me a set this morning! Installed them this afternoon!!! It's snowing in the south, so I'll be running my Yankee Bride to work! We'll see how they do!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am very interested in Duraflaps.

What length did you all order? I have a F-250 SB CC on 20s. (I don't know if any other variables matter.)

Can someone post pictures of what the installation looks like in the wheel wells? All I have seen are the outside pictures.

Thanks!

41 - 60 of 142 Posts