The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am very interested in Duraflaps.

What length did you all order? I have a F-250 SB CC on 20s. (I don't know if any other variables matter.)

Can someone post pictures of what the installation looks like in the wheel wells? All I have seen are the outside pictures.

Thanks!
Here's mine, got some shadow from the sun but I think you can see what you want.

I ordered the standard set, front and rear for a '11 4X4 F350 Dually right from DuraFlap, good people. Give them a call.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here's mine, got some shadow from the sun but I think you can see what you want.

I ordered the standard set, front and rear for a '11 4X4 F350 Dually right from DuraFlap, good people. Give them a call.
So the 12" wide fronts are good coverage? Wasn't sure if the DRW wheel offsets made a difference.
Probably will be ordering mine today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So the 12" wide fronts are good coverage? Wasn't sure if the DRW wheel offsets made a difference.
Drove mine in snow and slush and they do well, you will still get spray and blowby that is wind driven as you drive, happens on any vehicle. As far as loading the running boards with stuff, nothing on them, good coverage from the flaps, also not throwing a bunch of stuff back onto the dually fenders is a plus as well. :thumbsup:

Couple of more pics,

One under the running board behind front tire, the other, better shot of the rear inside mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the rear of my 2011 dually I bought a set of factory Ford rubber with the checkerplate inserts for the 2008 - 2010 trucks. I thought that I would have to modify them to fit the 2011 but the predrilled holes line up perfectly! You don't use the spport bar that comes in the kit. Use the two bolts and then drill a small hole into the plastic inner fender and use the push in plastic plugs that are supplied in the kit. Of course it was much easier to do while I had the wheels off to install my spacers after upgrading to 265-70-17 Good Year Duratracs!

·
Registered
176 Posts
the 12's do cover the intire width of the tire, but i wouldn't mind the 14's, but the 12's do a great job. 20's on back, pix on facebook !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Grizz thanks for the great flap pics...nice Cyclone too. I ordered a set today

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Grizz thanks for the great flap pics...nice Cyclone too. I ordered a set today
thanx outlaw, havent pulled my 5er with it yet, still got the prob of rocks debris hitting the aft fenderflare. dont know if a 14 wide front flap will help. the ones on now are the 12 inch flap (front)

·
Registered
1 Posts
just order same flaps for my new f 450 the ones that came in the front to small can't wait to get them on don't want to drive it anymore till i get them on

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check out luverne molded splash gaurds they work great aswell and hang down further than factory ones and look sharp with the the stainless.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Duraflap 14" on all 4 corners?

Anybody have them? Look ok?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good thread!
I love all the waxers and their lifted parking lot princesses with the 38" mudders that will never see a wet road, let alone get out of the city.
I curse the Richard craniums that think they won't throw rocks with huge rubber and no flaps hanging.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good thread!
I love all the waxers and their lifted parking lot princesses with the 38" mudders that will never see a wet road, let alone get out of the city.
So true!! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you order your mudflaps from DuraFlap by phone you will get a 10% discount on your order. I just save about $16 with free shipping. you have to be a member of this or other forum for the discount to apply.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm having a lot of grief with the Mudflaps. I keep coming in here to see if anyone has a solution. First off I have a short box, and for some reason the wheel wells are not in the center of the axle. I have 20" tires which makes it almost impossible to attach Mudflaps. Space between Tire and Fender is only 1 1/4". I added that goofy bracket to set it back. I do not want molded ones cause on my old 99 they rubbed off the paint. Even so, they are too short and not wide enough for singles. What added to my problem was, that i junked the Factory Rims. The new ones brought the Tires out further. The offset was standard. What I have on now looks goofy. I'm thinking to get some Bushwacker flares and then figure out some Mud Flaps. At least it will make the tires look flush with the lower end of the Box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm having a lot of grief with the Mudflaps. I keep coming in here to see if anyone has a solution. First off I have a short box, and for some reason the wheel wells are not in the center of the axle. I have 20" tires which makes it almost impossible to attach Mudflaps. Space between Tire and Fender is only 1 1/4". I added that goofy bracket to set it back. I do not want molded ones cause on my old 99 they rubbed off the paint. Even so, they are too short and not wide enough for singles. What added to my problem was, that i junked the Factory Rims. The new ones brought the Tires out further. The offset was standard. What I have on now looks goofy. I'm thinking to get some Bushwacker flares and then figure out some Mud Flaps. At least it will make the tires look flush with the lower end of the Box.

Who makes those flaps? They don't look like DuraFlap.

61 - 80 of 142 Posts