The Diesel Stop banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking at getting a set of Duraflaps with the stainless weights but not sure what to order. I just took delivery of a 2014 F350 DRW 6.7, what width and length would you recommend on the front and rear? For the price of these things I would like to get it right the first time. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ford has a new mud flap I put up pictures in my vendor section.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi jlensi

On a stock dually you will want the standard length and 12" width FF2 11 or FF2 11 SS on the front, and the 20" wide on the rear. You can go with the 14" wide, but the 12" wide just look better, and do give plenty of protection. The 4x4 trucks take the FR10L 11 or FR10L 11 SS on the rear, and they end up about 7" off the ground for maximum protection of your tow vehicle.
Save some money and go without the stainless steel weights on the front, they do not really show well there. Also, call your order in so you can get the members 10% discount.
This is odd to me. Your gal specifically talked me into getting the 14" for the front, saying they looked better and offered more protection. She also recommended the weights. Hmmm....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got the DuraFlaps for my F-450 last month... Love 'em!!

I went with the 12" in the front. They look good... and as mentioned above, they're plenty wide enough to do the job.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just got in the new Ford Mud flaps in stainless.

Give me a call if you are interested.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here is a picture. They look sweet with the Ford Logo. HEAVY DUTY.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Several months on my Duraflaps now and very pleased with them. They've held up well, including being bent around a rock during a camping mishap - saved my running board, and the flap doesn't look any worse for it. They've been good at keeping the muck from splashing up onto the truck/trailer as well. I went with the longer flap in the rear (SRW F350) and that was the way to go for sure.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Here is a little story about Duraflaps, and my stupidity in backing up.....

Had an '07 Dually with factory flaps, was backing up over a curb and the mudflap got caught with the wheel pulliing it down--the flap split, that was the only damage.

On my '09 450, I installed the Duraflaps and love them. Kind of a similar scenario as above, this time with a mesquite log--when the tire pulled the mudflap downward, it ripped the fender. Got a 7" gash that cost about $2100 to replace and paint the new fender. However, got to use the same Duraflap again, as there was absolutely no damage to it.
Moral to the story----Duraflaps are so good, they will not break before a dually fender will. I now pay a lot more attention to the backup camera....

Joe

·
Registered
444 Posts
MX727 Sounds like we have a difference of opinion in the office. It all depends on what we each have heard from our customers.
If a customer is specifically saying they want THE BEST protection possible on a dually truck, I will tell them that the 14" wide will give them a bit more protection with the rear fender wells sticking out so far than the 12" wide. If your truck has the flares around the wheel well, the 14" wide looks perfectly fine.
But I had read the postings above before I replied to that email, and was hearing that everyone is happy with the 12" wide, and getting plenty of protection. I mentioned the idea of leaving the weights off the front specifically for someone looking to maybe save some money. Our mud flaps will not fly up with or without the weights, they are for looks only. However, the mirror finish stainless steel weights do add a lot to the look of the truck.
Sorry for the confusion. How do the 14" wide work for you? Are they too wide looking? Do the Stainless weights show well?
Let us all know. Maybe post a couple photos??
I think they look great. Not too wide for my taste. These are on a 450 so I do have the fender molding and I think the weights look nice. I'll try and grab some photos. I've always been pleased with your products. I was just amused by the difference in recommendations and maybe she was factoring in the moldings.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wasn't going to go with duraflaps since I thought they were too much money... but after just checking out their website, they emailed pictures of what they looked like on my specific truck and a few other things. I was impressed with their customer support so I pulled the trigger.

I am glad I did. They are very heavy duty and the install was easy and very clean looking.

Here are a few pics on my 2013 F-450. 12" wide front, just sticks out a bit for full coverage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you bolt right into the plastic front fender or is there some sort of bracket you used? I am looking at the gator-backs for my 2013 f450 and am worried that they may be too heavy for the plastic fender or I will strip the hole trying to drill the bolt in

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can honestly say I will never buy another mud flap. Duraflap's are the best, hands down. I've had mine for a few years, almost 100k miles on the truck now and I drive this thing like a sports car, usually cruising at 85+. I have had zero issues. The flaps are as good today as the day I put them on the truck. Unlike the cheaper, thinner flaps that will get all bent up from wind, NOT these. Still straight.

Totally worth the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The GatorBack mudflaps are significantly more expensive, I don't think you guys are understanding what I am asking. They are about half an inch thick and weigh like 10 pounds each. These are what I am talking about and that is the truck I am putting them on. The quality of these flaps is not the concern.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
They are similar to thee stock Ford splash guards. I had a problem with the Ford rubbing the paint on one of the front fenders. After Ford warrantied the paint since they were factory installed, I ended up removing them and replacing with the Ford flat splash guards. I like the flat ones better. This style is cupped shaped and would collect snow and mud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may not post as much as some people on here, but I do read a lot of everyone's posts when deciding on products. I just ordered a set of Duraflaps using info and pics from members of this forum which was extremely helpful in my decision. This thread made up my mind. I was in contact via email with the company. Nina had emailed me back and forth with the best option for my truck. She also let me know that if active members of dieselstop lets them know that they are members and their handle on this site that they can use discount code: members. They will get a discounted. This is a top notch outfit, with excellent customer service. Thanks guys. Admin, If not allowed please remove.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed a set of the Duraflaps last week. They're awesome! Very easy to install too.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts