The Diesel Stop banner

MUD FLAPS!!!

126K views 141 replies 72 participants last post by  DuraFlap 
#1 ·
I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! :icon_mad: It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks! :thumbsup:

#2 ·
I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! :icon_mad: It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks! :thumbsup:
Very Very interested in finding wider front flaps than whats on there. It seems the guy putting the factory flaps on didn't notice the wider front end

#3 ·
I ordered the Duraflap rears /w the stainless steel weights last week. They should be here Wednesday or Thursday. If the fit/finish is good, then I'll probably order some fronts from them as well. I agree with you Outlaw, the front flaps are woefully inadequate!

#7 ·
I have the Duraflaps and LOVE them, NOTHING hits the truck. The install is a little confusing but the fit and finish is top notch. I got the ones with the SS without rivets showing. Same for front and rear.

Tim

#9 ·
Tim, Can you post some pictures of the duraflaps? I am looking for mud flaps and would like to see them on a truck...Thanks

#15 ·
Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

WMB... can I ask what size mud flaps you ordered?

#14 ·
whats the best kind to get if you have Bushwacker flairs.. Im looking for a little more protection.. or .. will they look stupid..Thanks Jeff

#16 ·
Still waiting for someone to post up a pic of molded flaps on a truck with the fender flares. Mine is white with the adobe flares. I like the Duraflap look but waiting on a photo comparison before I decide which way to go.

#17 ·
Ordered mine from Duraflap yesterday. Molded do not compare to these (IMO). My truck is same as below so should look sweet...

#19 ·
Here are my heavy duty mud flaps I have on my truck there made by Gator Back. I really like them. The molded one's I first bought just didn't do it for me. Also have the Gator Back flaps on the front as well.

#21 ·
Chris1450 I have not seen a 2wd model yet in the 2011 DRW but I know past year models had the general tires. And those that had the 4x4 and FX4 packages on the DRW both had the RWL rugged trail tires.

#24 ·
Saftey man how do those mount?

#25 ·
Both the fronts and the backs are mounted in place with sheet metal screws.

#26 ·
ehhhh...rather not screw into my truck

#27 ·
How else could they be mounted? :stickpoke:
Most of them use existing holes, if you look Ford has put a few hole there already. Even the generic ones have you drill the flaps not the truck in most cases.
One thing I noticed on my last truck, after 8 years the factory molded flaps had rubbed through the paint. I plan on getting some of that clear tape that is used for paint protection and cutting it to fit under whichever flaps I put on.

#29 ·
Got my Duraflaps in the mail this weekend. Can't wait to get them on the truck. Now just have to wait for the truck to get here...

The Duraflaps really are a lot heavier material than I thought they'd be. I'm very impressed. I went with the longer 14" rears to help keep rocks off the trailer when I'm towing.

#30 ·
I have a SRW F250 and got my Duraflaps last week. I mounted the “drill-less”, steel weighted model front and rear this past weekend. The fronts went on no problem. The rears were a little tricky. The existing holes on the truck lined up well with the holes on the flaps but I had a few problems with the angled bracket supplied with the kit. I was just too long to line up correctly. I had to drill another hole on the untwisted end, essentially shortening the bracket ¾”, to make it look decent.

Attachments

#32 ·
Good to know. I think it will be easiest if I have the rear wheels out of the way when I install these, eh? I'm going to be putting some aftermarket wheels/tires on anyhow, so just as well do it when I'm swapping them around. :)

#33 ·
From where are you guys ordering the Duraflaps? I have a F350 SRW CC LWB with the 275/70/18 tires on order. Which models would I need for the front and rear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.