The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F-250 PSD. Do I have to run w/ a muffler or can I take it off & run w/ a straightpipe? I've heard rumor on PSD engines need some back pressure.Is this true? I want to achieve better gas mileage,more power, & cooler temps.

------------------

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
JTUTZA:

First,WELCOME to the site! You will find the answer to almost any question you might have about your truck here.

This site has several different forums that are topic specific. Explore the site and you'll see what I mean. This forum is dedicated to discussions of the site itself. Your question would be best addressed in the 1999 up SuperDuties, Upgrades and After Market forum. Sometime soon, one of our friendly moderators will come along and move this question to that or another forum where you will get the best response to your question.

Mike

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Howdy!

<< Awarding Mike the "Stand In Moderator" Award>>

He's right. This question is not applicable in this Forum. Here we talk about what you like/dislike/want about/for the Ford-Diesel.com website.

Modifications and/or upgrade discussions regarding the 99+ Ford SuperDuty trucks belong in the Upgrades & Aftermarket Forum.

Feel free to carry on there as I'll move this topic.

Best Regards,
Jay

[This message has been edited by Diesel Jay (edited 09-01-2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts