The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 F350 with 45,000 miles
I was towing a 38’ 5th wheel today and went into limp mode.
I pulled the codes and had P132B, P0471, and P0234

I was sitting on a narrow highway shoulder so I cleared the codes and drove 50 miles to an rv campground for the night. The truck seemed to run normal. I had just got back on the highway after fueling when this happened.

Any ideas? Should I just continue the trip in the morning and hope it doesn’t happen again?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Limp mode in the mountains or where ever you are could be a dad thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think dealerships are the best place for service?

I installed a new MAP and things improved but I only drove 150 miles afterward.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Prior to the warning light did it have surging or periods of extra power? Those codes all point to boost regulation. Sticking wastegate is a possibility and also the hose and regulator solenoid for the wastegate.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can throw parts and money at it and not fix the problem. Foe some stuff the mechanic has seen the problem before and can fix it faster and cheaper. It's not always more expensive to go to the dealer. Do some research of dealers in your area and go to the one you think will do the best job. it may save you lots of money in the long run. They may charge you money to diagnose the problem but will take it off the bell if you have them do the work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to a dealer today and asked them to check everything they could think of. I gave them all the codes I had read and described everything that had happened or been done to it since new.

I wonder if the turbo related hose that had blown last year, I think the dealer then called it the cold air turbo hose, had caused some of this problem.

There is soot in the intake that was cleaned off the MAP sensor a few times before I replaced the sensor.

Have others had this hose break or blow?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer called. New turbo, some EGR stuff, and other related stuff amounting to a little over $6600. It only has 45K miles but not under warranty since it's a 2012. I like the truck but....

I wonder a little bit if this was a problem not caught by the dealer last year when the hose blew and it was still under warranty. It hasn't run 'right' since then. It is what it is but it's not 'fun' money to spend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts