The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

First let me say thanks for all the help and great information posted on this website!

I got a 93 f250 7.3 IDI non-turbo. A month or so ago it started leaking from the fuel return lines, so I changed all the lines and put in viton o-rings for the top of the injectors. However, I'm still getting a leak, seemingly from the bottom of my injection pump. I've read about checking the different seals on the IP, but I also noticed that one of the new return lines I just installed has a small leak on it. When I first bought the truck, the fuel tank switch was broken and the front tank hadn't been used in years, so before fixing the switch and using it, I dropped the tank (with some help from my brother) and tried my best to clean all the dirt out of the bottom. However, I recently had to change my fuel/water separator for the second time in 2 years. The catch at the bottom has completely filled up with dirt a couple times over the past couple years, one time pretty recently. I'm wondering if these fuel leak problems could be related to dirt somewhere in the system (maybe 1 or multiple of the injectors) that could be increasing the pressure in the system and causing leaks. The whole thing is driving me a little crazy as if I don't start the truck up about every 12 hours, enough air gets into the system to push all the diesel back to the lines and i'm putting a lot of wear on my starter. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

-Larry

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Injectors won't back pressure to the return lines. First thing you need to do is make sure you didn't leave any leaks when you replaced the return lines. then make sure you don't have any of the dirt you mentioned carried over to the IP. Then start looking at the IP. Fuel will run down all over everything above it, so start at the top and work down.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I meant to say BELOW it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts