The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 17 or 18 crewcab diesel 4x4 long box SRW. Is there any difference in MY? My 04 was a manual tranny and had to order it to get it. Pretty sure you can't even order that option now. Anyone in Canada buy one lately and want to share purchase price with me. I am in BC. How are the new motors working out? My 04 I had to replace the head gaskets but I was still on the original injectors.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The manual went the way of the dinosaur. I was disappointed at first, but after some miles, they have done some amazing things with this slushbox. It controls loads quite well, will hold back on mtn passes and the engine has enough power that the tranny isn't hunting for gears. The hardest part for me is remembering to turn on the Tow mode.

As to the MY differences; I can't speak to that, but I know a few guys here who looked at '17's but waited to get '18's. Perhaps they will chime in.

For the engine, I feel like on a whole, a LOT more people are happy with the 6.7 than they were with the 6.0L (assuming you had a diesel).

Hope you find one you like!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went through Fords build and price. What options are worth getting through Ford and which ones are better doing after market?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just went through Fords build and price. What options are worth getting through Ford and which ones are better doing after market?
I would maybe get some aftermarket loading ramps and bed liner, but other then that factory options are the best bet

·
Registered
621 Posts
Agreed. I saw a youtube video comparing Ford's bedliner vs Line-X and there was a stark difference with the lineX being far superior.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone ever pay a doc fee? Seems like a bit of a ripoff/scam

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rusted out. Hard starts caused the ring gear and start gear to strip. Not worth putting anymore money into.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, where would plastic come from?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Honestly I have no idea I have an 04 which has been causes me gray hairs lol and it has oil all in the oil and all over the inside of engine but I can seem to figure where it is coming from I have rebuilt 5 of these and thwre is very little plastic parts thought maybe there was. As seems I am the only one who has this issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone ever pay a doc fee? Seems like a bit of a ripoff/scam

Dealer fee, doc fee, electronic processing fee... I hate them all. It's like next to impossible to find a Ford dealer that doesn't charge these. Or any dealer for that matter. Or sometimes you'll find a dealer that doesn't charge a dealer fee, but then they charge an electronic filing fee. I'm like, c'mon! Isn't the holdback they make on these trucks enough profit? Then they have to add $400 to $900 more in BS fees? For now on, I'm only going to buy from car dealers that don't charge dealer fees. I am boycotting all the rest. >:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts