The Diesel Stop banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
i was looking around, where do I find program files like map files? I see nothing obvious?

·
Registered
212 Posts
the tuner will come with an SD card that slips into the side of it... all the files you need are present... you just gotta go through the prompts and answer the questions... when I said 'dig up' (google or owners manual) a transmission schedule I meant find out the information about that tune.. the tune is already present on the card, but knowing which one to choose and why is the key..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thank you so much Drew, I am happy that the Maxx is coming today, it shows on the truck for delivery, the DPR+ thing I got yesterday, the idiot who sold it to me forgot to program it off his truck before he sold it so its on the way back so that was a waste of time, I had a similar thing happen with a supertuner I once had in a vette so was no shock just annoying, I was going to use it on one of my trucks to see if it worked?

Super interesting on the Maxx,, looks like u can get yourself in to a whole heap of grief if your not careful, I am happy you have taken your time to respond and help me, it will be great to get this truck out of limp mode for the first time since I have owned it, I plan to keep this one as its pretty sweet and quite a bit of work has already been done to it, head bolts egr etc.

I will take your advise, like I said this is a tow truck for me, replacing my 07 F350SD or thats my plan.

I do not need a mega quick truck just a reliable good running truck and I hope I have this with this F250SD

I will be having fun today :)

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Don't leave us hangin man!! How is that beast?
Welllllll the unit arrived about 2 hours ago,,, NO SD CARD,,,, no real problem but DEAD, will not light up not even using a USB so called the supplier, they are overnighting me a brand new one but checked out first

So lets just say I am frustrated for today.. was sooooo looking forward to getting it back to life

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well managed to get it working and went out and got an SD card and loaded the latest firmware and maps, it was an easy set up, truck starts first time every time now and is very responsive, however, I can only select standard setting, I push the up key on the right and tow comes up and beeps and then the unit goes back to standard setting
Pyro 1 I selected to make the changes you mentioned and I set them as per your advise
the first item though you didnt mention and I left that at default of 1400, so right now i am at a loss as to why i cant select tow or any of the other 3 settings,, nice to turn the key and the truck starts right up and no longer in limp mode, any ideas?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well managed to get it working and went out and got an SD card and loaded the latest firmware and maps, it was an easy set up, truck starts first time every time now and is very responsive, however, I can only select standard setting, I push the up key on the right and tow comes up and beeps and then the unit goes back to standard setting
Pyro 1 I selected to make the changes you mentioned and I set them as per your advise
the first item though you didnt mention and I left that at default of 1400, so right now i am at a loss as to why i cant select tow or any of the other 3 settings,, nice to turn the key and the truck starts right up and no longer in limp mode, any ideas?
Out of frustration I returned the map to stock, Confirmed the wrench and CEL were on and the truck would not start as expected checked and no DIC codes,, odd but thats how it showed, then I re installed HP300 and when finished it still would not start so did the jumper and started it up,, tried the 4 levels and this time they worked, shut the truck down and it re started fine,, now to go for a drive in a little while and I will let you know how it feels in tow mode, without towing

·
Registered
212 Posts
check it out, man:

the lack of being able to adjust setting: your defuels will disallow anything but 'stock' until the conditions are met... if you set it to 170* coolant temp cold, the truck has to get to 170* ECT before it will allow the setting to be changed... if you've set EGT to defuel at 900*, when you break 900* you'll hear the monitor beep as it defuels above 900*, and then beep again as it goes back under 900*, and to the setting it was at prior.

you detuned the PCM, and was hit with the EGT13, which locks you out for a time period.. I think it's an hour, but it will check specifically for that code next key on (as it always does) and if it doesn't check out, it won't allow you to start... when you entered that strategy, tuning will have no impact on it- you'll have to wait, or you'll have to jump it...

it's doing what it's supposed to do, it sounds like, you'll just have to figure out what it does and why so it doesn't put the freak on you when it does it...

If you have any questions, let them rip and I'll try to answer them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well the truck has been running 8000 miles now with no problems, I have fitted an air ride suspension and a new set of good looking tires
I have a small leak from the high pressure oil pump and thats going to be a killer for it so I have just got me a 2009 F350 King Ranch I took delivery of today only to find some dickwad (before I got it) put sugar in the tank, so will be starting a new thread later today
Hey I hope your well :) that programmer is awesome
Back to ya and hope your ready for Christmas Drew

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you do when you try to jump the starter and it still wont crank? Could this mean that it is in lockdown mode?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts