The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 f250 7.3, and i’m having problems figuring out why it’s just dying all the time. as long as my rpm’s are over 1,700 it won’t die. i have a high idle switch i use at stop lights and signs. but sometimes it will die going down the highway. i have replaced my cps sensor, my ipr coil, my ipc sensor and the connector for it. i do have fuel coming through. and my icm connector is tight. i had this problem right before i changed all of my injectors. and when i changed them it idled fine for a while. then recently it would die after a few minutes of idleing. and a couple days ago i hit some really bad washboards on a dirt road. causing my tailgate to come off. and now it dies sooner and while driving. i don’t know if i raddled something lose or my problem just got worse. also some of the wires on the main connector over my driver’s side valve cover, where warn through and i taped over them. i would really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You are going to need to get the codes read. Look up the FORScan app and OBD II setup in this forum. It's a good, inexpensive way to get into the electronics of these engines. Once you've done that we can help more.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts