The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a good number of years, I have supported Isspro products, on this site. Well today, I must retract that endorsement. I put in my Isspro EV gauges in 2007. Close to the end of the two year warranty, my transmission temperture gauge needle started sweeping approximately 20 degrees.

Now, we all know how critical that is, when you are at the upper end of the good to go, range. All connections were checked, and found good to go. I called Dave at Diesel Manor. Not one problem, a new amplifier, and temperture sender probe was shipped out to me. I installed the amp, and probe, and all problems went away.

Jump forward about another year. EGT gauge needle is all over the clock. No way is my engine making that much temp difference that quick. Check the connections again. All are ok. I call Dave at Diesel Manor. He tells me, I am out of warranty, and I would need to call Isspro.

I call Isspro, and they will gladly sell me a new amplifier, for a smooth price of $50 + shipping and handling. Ok, I can do that. When i get this one, the plastic label over it has been cut, and written on it was, "checked, OK". Then, it was taped with clear packing tape. New? Ok, I can live with it. At least I got one that was checked by a Tech. But new? Don't know about that one. I install it, and all is good to go.

Jump forward to yesterday, tranny temp gauge is making a 10-20 degree sweep, all on its own. My transmission is not changing temperture that quick, there is no possible way. Now, when you are running 180, or 190 degrees pulling heavy, 20 degrees is in the area where do you shut down, put it on high idle, and let it cool, or can i keep going?

So, today I call Isspro Customer Service. Very nice receptionist. I wait while the two customer service reps, talk to other customers. I finally get to one of the customer support guys. He tells me, he can't answer any of my questions on whether is this a common occurance with EV gauges, and I need to talk to Tech Support. Well, Tech Support is out to lunch. That is an understatement. They take my phone number, and a "Don", calls me back, a few hours later.

I guess this one is on me too. Unless they test everthing, I may have an unbalanced set, after Dave Murphy sent me a new amp and probe years before. But, they will give me the distributor price of a new amplifier and probe for $90, which is normally $200. Wow, sorry cat, it a S#$t sandwich, and you are gonna eat it all. We got your money, and our gauges don't last 5 years, your on your own.

Sorry Isspro. I am not going to risk my truck to your shoddy products, or your backhanded business practices any longer. When this would get said and done, I would have $600 bucks in a set of gauges, that could die, at any time. Guess I will save my nickles and find something more reliable.

From what I am understanding "Glow Shift" is working better, and lasting longer than this. And they are made in mainland China.

As I stated in the title, this is a rant, and for that I apologize. I know alot of you run Isspro, and have had very good luck with them. I may have just got a lemon. But, the only gauge of theirs that hasn't given me trouble is the boost. Pressure gauges are really pretty simple. Its hard to screw them up.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
egt and tranny temp gauges no matter what 'vehicle' you put them in usually wear out in a few years (experiance).. to me its not worth buying the parts to fix a gauge problem. and i understand your comuication with issopro.. been there with issopro and autometer.. good luck.. buy a new complete gauge set up

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My addition may not be correct but, $450 bucks in 4 years, and now needs to be replaced? That really isn't called quality control, in my book. If that is what this country has considered acceptable, it may be time for me to relocate to somewhere they take pride in their quality of work, or products they put out.

I know I grew up in a different time, than most of you. I just made senior citizen this year. I just expected a bit more when i invest money like that, especially in an american based company.

· Registered
221 Posts
Till I bought my diesel truck I never heard of Isspro, that's why I bought Autometer. Not to say they might not fail tomorrow but still my mind was made up on Autometer or Stewart Warner.

· Registered
7,518 Posts
If that is what this country has considered acceptable, it may be time for me to relocate to somewhere they take pride in their quality of work, or products they put out.
Before you move you should contact Michael Pliska, I think that is the correct name, at ISSPRO and see if your experience is satisfactory. If it is, good luck on your choice of countries.

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't know. I am not sure there is a good, dependable gauge set out there. But, when you give that kind of money, I am thinking they should last a bit longer than 4 years.

Considering now, I need another amplifer, and probe for the transmission. That would mean, I have gone through, or need 3 amplifers in 4 years. Sorry folks, for a batting average, that stinks.

I guess I was just looking for Isspro to say there was a problem with their EV series external amplifers. That would take integrity to do that. Something this company apparently does not have. The load of bull I was being spoon fed from the tech yesterday, must have thought I just fell out of the sky, and didn't understand much of anything.

444-4D, I got to tour a few different countries, on the taxpayer's dime, in an earlier life. I think I would go somewhere that doesn't have many fuel powered vehicles. Life would be simpler.

· Registered
2,478 Posts
I have glowshift and my pyro gauge makes full sweeps and most of the time the gauge stays maxed out. This has been the only problem after 2yrs. I'm gonna go with the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. It's a full gauge set in one unit. You have to buy the egt probe and voltage converter separately. It plugs into the obd2 port and can run contribution and buzz test.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.