The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've had my truck for about 4 months now. Bought it with 22k and its at 32k now. My whole dilemma is should I delete or not. Warranty is good up to 100k. But the whole dpf system drives me nuts and I don't even wanna think about what it does to these motors with all the excessive heat from regens. I take very good care of this truck esp with mantinance. I am also running archoil in fuel and oil. So the big question is for people who have deleted before warranty were there any regrets? And or problems? This truck isn't absused and will be taken care of which hopefully results in less problems but you never know. I don't have big pockets to spend if something catastrophic broke but I could always return to stock and hope for the best. So anyone who wants to chime in and feel free. Let me know if you think deleting it would be a good idea. By the way it's a 2015 CCSB 4x4 xlt

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
-Regrets for doing something I shouldn't have to so I have better piece of mind about my vehicle operation.
-Regret Ford has yet to completely address the "jack hammer valve" issue during regens with a REAL fix.

I have lots of regrets but I sure do enjoy driving my truck SO much more now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
There are pro's and con's. The issue in my mind is are you willing to pay for repairs(not saying there will be any), that Ford will not warrant, due to the changes/tuner? If you are running a tuner to achieve the delete, then you can never go back to stock, unless you bolt the parts back on again. *If* you were to ever have a major engine failure that would be covered, its likely it wont be covered.

I've run stock now for 102K, and aside from the typical drivers side radiator leak, and other maintenance goodies, she's been problem free. I'm probably going to trade mine in for a 2016. I'd love to run without that stuff, as I'm sure it really opens things up, but I personally don't like living without the lifeline of the warranty.

And that is something else to consider... when you go to sell, how do you typically do that? Do you sell privately? Do you trade? Many dealers wont take a truck in trade that is missing the pollution controls.

anyway, I know there are lots of guys running deleted and happy. its all a personal choice.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts