The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,604 Posts
Everything that I have read on the disc brake conversion is that the E brake is next to worthless.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions?
A few...
1) Describe exactly how you did the conversion.
2) Post lots of pics of the truck, the axles, the conversion process, the new parts, and the problem parts.

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
Even the stock drum in hat parking brake that comes stock on the '99 and later trucks with disc brakes all around is marginal. If you hold your mouth just right when adjusting, it will work OK, but if you make the mistake of moving the truck with the parking brake on, even for a few feet then you need to adjust again. And if you polish the inner surface of the drum, then even readjusting doesn't work well.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Block of wood in front of tire. Hate to kick a guy when he is down but I am slow and weak so it is my only chance.😬 Adjust often and never forget to take it off is my advice. When I had my 99 six speed I would always block the wheels when the 5th wheel was hooked up on any slope the tranny and E-brake would not hold. My brother almost lost his trailer at a rest stop when truck and trailer went down the ramp after he got out.
DENNY

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think that a set of chock blocks should have came with them from the factory. I did not leave home without chocks with my old 02 6-speed 5.4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts