The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have a 2002 F350 7.3L.

The truck had the Edge Juice w/ Attitude CTS monitor.

For 7 months, it was great. I didnt have a need for a true tuner. Just something with a little bit more "oomph", but the real benefit was the gauges. I could monitor almost everything in the truck.

Well at the 7 month mark, the screen started to randomly flicker and then would be covered in white lines to the fact the display was 98% not visible. But, i couldn't afford the down time of not running gauges to have the monitor sent in to be fixed, so just dealt with it. I contacted Edge and informed them of the issue, but they just said to contact Tech Support.

Well, being month 17 of owning this programmer. My truck recently had a melt down. It was going crazy and acted like it had a "lope" tune to it. it was impossible to keep it running and my EGTs were pegged at 2000, no matter what speed or RPM i was at (even idle!).

I replaced my ICP sensor and then my IPR valve. Neither fixed the issue. So i then had to have it towed to Ford. Upon diagnostics, Ford pulled the programmer and detached everything from the truck. It was running better, but not right. So they tried to reset the PCM 3 times, with no luck. They then discovered the PCM had been ruined from the programmer. I had to replace the PCM and boom, the truck was running great.

I then contacted Edge with all the information. I didn't ask them to pay for the bill from Ford, even though their product caused the issue. Instead, i asked if they could at least warranty the faulty monitor.
To my surprise, they responded with (with a lot of attitude) that they could fix it, for $149.... Their product which started to fail 7 months into ownership and cost me over $2000 in repairs, which i paid nearly $950 for all the programmer parts. And they expect me to pay $149 to fix it?! Absolutely ridiculous.
I understand the 1 year warranty deal, but if their product was failing at 7 months (i have proof of them responding to my messages about it at this time), yet they will not warranty their faulty product.

With this being said, I am obviously VERY upset with this product and their customer support. And just wanted to share my experience with them.

I know their programs are known to be faulty, but i did not expect such poor customer service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2002 F550, 7.3L. I also purchased the Edge w/Attitude. I've had it since '08. It worked good for the first 4-5 years. Since about 2 years ago the only thing working properly on the display was rpm. Egt sensor went bad (I am guessing), it stopped reading correctly.
But most importantly it was making the truck run rough like it had a bad injector. Caused the IDM to fail. Had to buy a new one. After 100 miles it went bad again. So I removed the Edge completely. Runs better now. Went thru a lot of struggles to figure out what was wrong. Very costly. I feel your pain. Now I'm looking for a new programmer/tuner to replace it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Moral to the story:

If you like living on the edge, and can put up with a bad attitude from the company, then the Edge with Attitude sounds like the way to go.

But if you want rock solid reliability without having replace other parts that suddenly fail prematurely, then back away from the edge, and leave the attitude alone.

By the way... Edge was fined severely by the Feds. That is reason alone to avoid using their products. Even if you could give a rip about the environment, do you really want your name, truck, and contact information on a customer database that was propounded by the EPA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts