The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 international eagle with a n14 celect plus that is going to need a rebuild,( 850k miles)
i have an oppertuinity to buy a 1991 ford loisville that is for sale here local that has a n14 celect in it and only has about 150k miles on in and the engine seems to be in tip top shape both are rated at 435 hp on the tag,
mine is rated 435hp on the top end the old one shows just one hp rating
the price is right, the engines looks pretty much the exact same just 10 years apart in mfg date
can i just swap the long block and put in in the 2000 truck?( i know i need to change some brackets and likely the bell housing etc

any body ever done this before,
what is the real difference between the celect and select plus ?
could i just swap the ecm as well or do need to do the whole fuel system then?

any body ever done this before,
i can also buy a 1991 block i'm not sure were it came from but it shows 370 hp on the tag, these have different injectors turbo etc ?
thanks in advance for your time

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats actually an easier swap just make sure your electical components ecu. on the newer truck will all fit they should you may need to change the fuel pump over if the older one is not computerized..i myself am doing an egine swap. from a detroit 8-v92 to cummins big cam 400. alot more involved cant remember how to dial in the bell housing , and i have done many of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts