The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My NAPA/Stant Thermostat (373-195) lasted 7 months and 7,000 miles before it started remaining open and engine started running cold at 160*.

Just to confirm it is Motorcraft P/N: RT-1201 that I want to replace it with?

Order details says the Ford opens at 190*.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,503 Posts
Just checked Fordparts.com and they have the following for a 2000 7.3L

(RT-1125)
Engine Coolant Thermostat 7.3L; #1824426-C91-89 C/ 192 F incls. thermostat and seal

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here is one for ya. I attempted to return my NAPA t-stat and was told they would not honor the warranty since it was not in the original box.

I submitted the purchase receipt and a portion of the box I keep for my own records and they said, "No way Jose".

Who keeps the entire box their auto parts come in after installation?

Has anybody heard of something like this before?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
Here is NAPA's return policy:

APA Online believes in customer satisfaction. That's why we offer two options for returning items purchased online. Within 30 days of your purchase, items can be returned to NAPA Online via UPS or taken directly to a participating NAPA Store for a refund.

Either way, you'll need to obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number from NAPA Online. Obtaining an RGA number ensures that the return process is handled efficiently and that credits are issued in a timely manner. Follow the links below for more details on obtaining an RGA number.

Within 30 days of receipt of items purchased from NAPA Online, customers may choose to return (with no additional shipping cost):

Any new item in original packaging and condition.
Any used core, as long as it is shipped in the box that contained the new product. (What is a Core?)
Any item received in a damaged or defective condition.
Any item received in error.

Granted this states for On Line purchases but the stores policy is the same.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Bugman,

Thanks and I agree fully with a 30-day return policy that insists on original packaging since the part needs to be in a condition that can be put back on the shelf and resold.

However, this is a 7-month old thermostat that was installed in the truck for 7 months and failed. This is a warranty item and not a return per se.

This item is not going to be placed back on a shelf to be resold. It is going to go in the garbage at some point in the chain of command.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts