The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2001 4x4 7.3 I was doing my rear drive shaft u joints and carrier bearing and the back ujoint and middle u joint came out fine the last one that connects to the transfer case wasn’t so smooth the yoke in between the drive shaft and the transfer case I believe it’s call a velocity joint or double flanged yoke has to slide over the u joint you just pressed into the drive shaft I blew the top out where the copper pin goes in to hold the u joint in place ... in turn it’s a easily replaceable part so I tack welded the u joint to hold me over I need a replacement part number or diagram to find that part number someone has had to of ran into this

·
Super Moderator
26,507 Posts
A driveline shop should be able to fix you up. Take a picture of the piece you need, along with a description of the truck (including wheelbase) and they should be able to fix you up. Alternatively, take the whole driveshaft in and let them rebuild it for you.
On my truck the only constant velocity joint is on the front driveshaft where it bolts to the transfer case flange. The rear at the transfer case uses a flanged single yoke, which isn't much different than a slip type yoke.

BTW, some punctuation helps us understand your posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts