The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.
Im thinking about buying a used 1998 International RV DT 466 . After reading the forum in wondering if i should or not?

1998 International Rv
-DT 466 International Turbo Diesel engine
-Allison Automatic transmission
-48,900 original miles
-Backup Camera
-Like New Tires all around
-New fridge and microwave
-Kitchen with 2 burner stove top and sink
-Rear bedroom
-Front living room / bedroom
-Bathroom with Toilet and shower
-Flatscreen TV mounted in living room
-Solid Floors and solid Roof
-Tows great and get good fuel economy for the size
-Zero mechanical issues
-Does not come with a generator but has a spot to store one onboard
-No leaks or Blow by
-Original Owners manual on Motor and Transmission
-Clean title in hand

This Rv runs and drives good and pulls a load great. I have The Vin and a walk around video of the Rig I can send to interested buyers. It’s a great toy hauler It is not perfect cosmetically but I would drive it anywhere. Asking $ or best offer if interested or have any questions message me anytime thanks.

Cummins diesel duramax Powerstroke f250 3500 Dually rzr

·
Super Moderator
26,393 Posts
At less than 50k miles, that diesel isn't even broken in yet. It's got many more miles left in it.
I've always wondered why there weren't more RV's with diesel engines.
As far as the RV part itself, only you can decide that, but I wouldn't hesitate on the drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Just going by your description, it sounds nice. Maybe if you send some pictures of it, then we can get a better idea of what it is.

Reactions: Amethystdo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At less than 50k miles, that diesel isn't even broken in yet. It's got many more miles left in it.
I've always wondered why there weren't more RV's with diesel engines.
As far as the RV part itself, only you can decide that, but I wouldn't hesitate on the drivetrain.
Do you think twenty k is a fair price?

·
Super Moderator
26,393 Posts
Sorry, no idea what a fair price would be. It's not the prettiest rig, but if it's what you're looking for, go with a lower offer and see what they say.
With RV's the structure of the RV section is critical, when they start rotting out, they're expensive to fix. Hard to find that though. Look for leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here I come again with another question needing answers to... I'm looking at a 2002 Tc2000 bus for sale.
(02 bluebird motor home titled as a motor home 43000 original miles . The lift pump quit and rui ed the injection pump this is a 12hundred dollar fix. I have to get back to pa . I have over 20 thousand dollars tied into this loaded with even a 8k diesel generator)
I believe it's a Cummins with an Allison tranny.
The price is$6000 bit, in worried about hour much it will cost to fix. And if it would have to be towed to a shop or if there is such a thing as a mobile mechanic for that sort of thing.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts