The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a 94 f250 xlt with the 7.3 turbo, the truck it's self is in great shape the tranny has been rebuild but the engine has over 300k on it. I took it for a drive and everything seemed to run smooth with lots of power. I am wondering if 300k is getting up there in millage or if it still has plenty of life in it.

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
I agree with auto tranny most likely.

Moved to idi forum. Let me know if it is a Power Stroke and I will return to the PSD forum.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
you probably want to go one forum down...... the truck your looking at is an IDI turbo, not a PSD. You'll get more responses down there.

depends....If it is a first half of the year '94 then it will be an IDI turbo. Second half '94 is PSD...

Antoine: if it is an IDI then you need to ask the seller if he/she has kept up with the coolant changes and SCA additives. 7.3L IDI is subject to cavitation if not taken care of.. Cruise the IDI forum and you will find guys with trucks your age going 400,000+ miles...You'll know if it's a PSD cause it will say "POWERSTROKE"

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
depends....If it is a first half of the year '94 then it will be an IDI turbo. Second half '94 is PSD.
If it is a manual transmission. No auto transmission equipped PSDs were put out in 94.

Badging will not help, turbo IDI and PSD were both badged TURBODIESEL in 1994, the PowerStroke badging came out in 1995.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
I did not now that the first PSD was not available with an automaitic tranny. As for the badging I meant the one under the hood, I guess I should have been clearer on that, anyways thanks for the info :thup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts