The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Are you using the fan clutch removal tools that look like this?
They can usually be borrowed from auto parts stores with a deposit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Can you describe the air leak?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I push on the hose going behind the pulley I can get it to stop leaking. I believe it's the fitting. Just dont know how to remove the pulley / bracket holding it on

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I have never worked on a 6.0 but this video is by DieselTechRon abd he is highly respected in the Powerstroke community. This video can atleast provide some insight until a 6.0 guy can answer your thread.

Maybe they can suggest a repair to your vacuum leak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never worked on a 6.0 but this video is by DieselTechRon abd he is highly respected in the Powerstroke community. This video can atleast provide some insight until a 6.0 guy can answer your thread.

Maybe they can suggest a repair to your vacuum leak.

I have an air fan clutch. Dont think that will work for my situation.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Very sorry. I didn’t realize that.

·
Super Moderator
25,187 Posts
I'm just guessing here, but it looks like the fan clutch is held on to the pulley by 4 studs and nuts visible in your picture. I'm also guessing that the bolts holding the water pump pulley will then be accessible through the center of that hourglass shaped spacer between the belt and the fan clutch. Have you tried removing those nuts behind the fan clutch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just guessing here, but it looks like the fan clutch is held on to the pulley by 4 studs and nuts visible in your picture. I'm also guessing that the bolts holding the water pump pulley will then be accessible through the center of that hourglass shaped spacer between the belt and the fan clutch. Have you tried removing those nuts behind the fan clutch?
Not yet I'm on a double at the fire station so it will have to wait till Tuesday. Hope I dont have to take the whole front off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts