The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this again cause I know someone out there has knowledge as to how to solve my problem. The left rear door won't open. Both upper and lower latch cable ends are broken, fell apart. Plastic has deteriorated. The right rear lower cable has come out of the bottom latch. I found the access holes in the doors but I don't know what to pull or push to release the latch. I can still pull the upper cable to release the upper latch. Any pics of the lower latch for as what to activate would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone have any info as to how to rube the cables with split shot to make them operate. Can't afford Ford prices right now.

thanks much

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you share the answer you found on how to fix the rear door latches? I've got the driver side rear door open and the cable out, it seems all intact. How did you get it all working again?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
The cable stays intact, but the plastic that holds the cable to the latch breaks, letting the cable sheath move and not applying pull to the inner cable. I fixed mine with barrel adjusting nuts - the things that are on your bicycle brake handles that allow you to adjust tension. You can also get replacement cables through Dorman now, I believe.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm posting this again cause I know someone out there has knowledge as to how to solve my problem. The left rear door won't open. Both upper and lower latch cable ends are broken, fell apart. Plastic has deteriorated. The right rear lower cable has come out of the bottom latch. I found the access holes in the doors but I don't know what to pull or push to release the latch. I can still pull the upper cable to release the upper latch. Any pics of the lower latch for as what to activate would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone have any info as to how to rube the cables with split shot to make them operate. Can't afford Ford prices right now.

thanks much
Amazing, ask for help find your answer and don’t share the information to help others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts