The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble removing PCM from 01 Excursion 7.3. I've loosened the 10mm bolt from firewall, but cant find the two 7mm bolts if there are any. I can't get the PCM to separate from harness. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Having trouble removing PCM from 01 Excursion 7.3. I've loosened the 10mm bolt from firewall, but cant find the two 7mm bolts if there are any. I can't get the PCM to separate from harness. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Its been 3 yrs since I pulled mine but if I recall it just requires wiggling a little back and forth and patience. I only REMEMBER the 10mm bolt.

I used a good tube cleaner spray on my connectors which lubricates slightly and also destroys any corrosion.

Its not in an ideal location for sure.

·
Super Moderator
25,080 Posts
Would WD40 be okay to use?
I would avoid using WD40 on an electrical connection fastener. Shouldn't be needed.
One of the 7mm bolts is under the dash securing the bracket to the cowl panel above the parking brake assembly. Kind of hard to see. The other is into the firewall and should be easily accessed. I remove both of those to remove the bracket along with the PCM. Just had to do that to repair my parking brake pedal assembly, which locked up on me. The 10mm bolt at the harness is pretty long. Just keep turning it. It may not be all the way out yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would WD40 be okay to use?
WD40 on the connection would destroy your pcm.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/CAIG-Laboratories-4320252293-DEOXIT-Perfect/dp/B01L2JB18M/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=deoxit&qid=1561542628&s=gateway&sr=8-15[/ame]

I want to stress my comment was about cleaning the connectors after your pcm is removed.. its really unrelated to your question, sorry for the confusion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts