The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
correction to my original post. I have a significant trickle of oil coming from the back, towards rear of truck, end of the unit under the fuel filter. With the engine running I see the trickle coming from there. It appears to be coming from a round indentation with a retaining ring at the bottom rear of the unit under the fuel filter. There is a large plug that could be leaking in that area. I need the truck for Saturday and would like to do it myself if I can. Pretty good mechanic skills but haven't removed that part ever. Any advice on the leak and repair job is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Mine looked like the leak was from the same spot but off to the side of it is a bolt head for a plug check that first. Non-serviceable plug under the HPOP is replaceable (had that leak also) but you have to pull the pump. Spend some time with engine/carb cleaner and get everything bone dry then run for a few min until you find the leak may save you some time. It is not that hard to pull the HPOP and replace whatever is leaking.
DENNY

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
If you do pull the HPOP you have to take the fuel bowl out so might as well get the O-RING kit for it also.
DENNY

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. Exactly what is the part under the fuel bowl? Part of the HPOP or something else. There is a plug to the drivers side, about 11 o clock looking from the back of the truck, under the fuel bowl that might be the leak. Does it have oil behind it? I can pull it without removing everything else and easy to try for a fix. I did have the fuel filter rings replaced a couple of year ago. Really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I was just saying if you do have to pull the HPOP to get to the plug under the HPOP you might as well do the o-ring kit for the fuel bowl at the same time. Yes the drivers side plug leaked on me in the past.
DENNY

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really appreciate the help. Got it figured out and, after buying 3 o-rings for $50 at Ford, I got it back in business this morning. Just did the rear plug on the truck and will do the rest when I have more time.

·
Super Moderator
25,012 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts