The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 7.3 with 200,000 miles. All of the sudden the truck starts missing for a couple of seconds or a little longer then clear up. It keeps repeating itself often. I checked the oil level and condition and its fine. Pulled valve cover off and found a burnt wire so I replaced the valve cover harness and gasket with no change. Fuel pressure is 50psi at idle. hpop is full of oil. The check engine light comes and goes with the miss but I have no way to scan it now. Any ideas. Maybe cps? Thanks.

· Registered
513 Posts
if your running with original injectors you are getting about as much life out of them as you can expect mine started to miss around 270k, but yet i would check the wire harnesses as well as the idm before dumping cash into injectors for sure it can get pricey

· Registered
742 Posts
I vote cps.....but make sure all the connections at the valve cover harnesses are good...if it was the idm it would more than likely throw one whole side of the injectors out...

· Registered
144 Posts
I removed the other side valve cover today and found that it was also burned up. replaced gasket and wiring. Runs great again. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.