The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Mom boyfriend give me is Autostart AS-1755 witch was install on is 7.3 van (don't recall the year, 99-03). now my service manual on my computer decide to not give me any wiring diagram for ignition switch connector and i can't find one on internet witch as the same color code as my 02.

what i found so far
2 yellow - 12V
Red/black - ignition
Lt gray/yellow - ACC
Dk green - starter

does this look right?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,497 Posts
Here's the Ignition switch connector pinout.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks klhansen thats what i was looking for

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, this is the first time i install a remote starter so not really sure where im going.

look like i need 6 relay for start.

relay 1 - starter killer
relay 2 - IGN 1
relay 3 - IGN 2
relay 4 - ACC
relay 5 - Door unlock
relay 6 - Door lock

do i need a IGN 1 relay or the starter kill relay will do both?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
96Cobra, thanks for the site it was helpful

so i got pretty much everything install for the start portion. BUT when i start the truck with the remote, truck fire up, starter does not stop and shut off after few second.

look like the module doesnt know the truck is running. My guess is i have the wrong TACH wire.

with the 4 service wire inside the cad i have 2 other (so 6 total) , for what i read, the green with white line is CTS (clean tach signal) can some one confirm

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks yes it did confirm and i got it figure out.

my problem was the programming of the unit. you have to program the TACH rpm when idling so when the engine reach this RPM it will stop the starter.

I did the programming a couple time whit no success until i decide to use the whisper mode from my chip (lower the RPM for drive thru) and it work.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so this is what i used to install the remote starter on my truck (in case someone need some info)

I have another PDF witch is Ford alarm 2002 and up but its too big so if your interested PM me I might be able to send it by Email

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Back in 2006 when I installed my Ford remote start and alarm, it required a "tach module" to be installed inline because it could not read the RPM from the diesel engine. Other than that it was too long ago for me to recall specifics.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back in 2006 when I installed my Ford remote start and alarm, it required a "tach module" to be installed inline because it could not read the RPM from the diesel engine. Other than that it was too long ago for me to recall specifics.

For what i read the wiring is pretty much the same (with some differences) from 02 to 05. I know the wiring is way different from 01 to 02 so maybe its the same from 05 to 06.

Maybe it would function better with a TACH module but now everything does is think like it suppose to.

Ill do a bit of research!

Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For those with remote starter, REAR YOUR MANUAL if you didn't do it yet.

There are some programming that can be done witch if the system got install professionally you have 50/50 % chance it was done right or like you want it

After reading the manual a couple time, I changed the programming to be diesel specific.

Turbo cool down (60sec after exiting the vehicle)
Cold weather start (will start the truck for 20min each 2h for the next 24h or until cancel)
Open/close windows using lock/unlock button

My system is pretty basic so you with better system have probably lots a nice goodies to play whit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Glad you got it working. I had a shop do mine back in '03 so I couldn't help much, other than offer up the12volt site.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you got it working. I had a shop do mine back in '03 so I couldn't help much, other than offer up the12volt site.
well that just enough to do what i had to do thanks body

1 - 16 of 16 Posts