The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so when i went to replace the glow plugs on my 96 f350 dated 12 of 95 i for that injector 7 last on passenger head was a AB injector and that the rest was AA and i was wondering if this could cause a problem or a runing problem and also it has been acting up here latley every time i start the truck it will white smoke for a while and after driving it for a while it will eventually go away but after sitting for more then an hour it will smoke for a while again i replaced the injector oring and is still doing it

and now for the next problem i will be driving just fine down the road just fine and out of the blue i will lose all throttle like it just wont gain mph with throttle to the floor and if i just let off of it and put it in netural it will die and wont start back for 5 or 10 minutes and might make it home or might do it 2 or 3 more time :icon_mad:

really need help on this one truck has been sitting for more then 2 weeks and will need it for work soon so any input will grealy appricated thanks guys!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The injector difference issnt your issue. I would run a cyl contribution test . as for the running problem. I would want to watch data when it happens. Does it set a check engine light?

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you still have the superchip...pull it out. sounds somewhat like the way my truck ran when the superchip went south. don't forget to disconnect the battery grounds to reset cpu.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Definitely pull the chip and try it. When my chip went the truck either wouldn't start or would start and run for 20 minutes and quit.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Agree with the last couple stated above ......definitely do the cont. test if you can or even remove the VC's and watch the oil spurting...that will tell you which injector is sub-par...the AB is a split shot but it will still run...just not as efficiently....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts