The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I been trying to contact PHP without success, I know it is a hard time for PHP whit what happened to bill so I decide to get some info here.

so my box code on the PCM is VDH2. when I use the box/hex tool, it give me the hex code number TNAA4S2. but when I click on ''read ECU'' in the hydraflash program (connected to the hydra install in pcm) it tell e my HEX code is TNAA7S5.

right now I'm running the TNAA4S2 (65hp tow for 5300 KMs and 80hp DD for about 200km) and it run great BUT 3 time it did something not normal, like it ran out of fuel for a second. it happen 2 time on 65hp tow towing my 8000# TT and once on 80hp DD.

any though???

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Have you been able to contact PHP yet. I just talked to Shawn yesterday, got through first time. That Hex Code of TNAA7S5 is for a completely different PCM of NWMO. I am no expert but I would think that would cause a problem with all the settings. Have you tried a remote desktop session from the HydraFlash Program? You can find that connection under the help drop down on the website.
Bill

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The "hiccup" is from the wrong ECU coding.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I'll try the remote desktop tomorrow and see, will try the other code also

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Let us know if you have any luck getting in contact with PHP and if they helped you fix the problem. I have sort of a vested interest in PHP and there Hydra :icon_rolleyes:
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i call PHP today and he told me to use the box code of the pcm for the hex code ( exactly how im set right now)

For the hiccup, he said its not from the chip.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plug in AE and got some code i never saw before

P0232 fuel pump secondary circuit low
U1027 SCP (J1850) invalid or missing data for engine RPM
U1262 SCP (J1850) communications bus fault

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also when i set the hydra on position 00 it should be stock. But im still getting 30psi of boost, and stock the PCM defuel the injectors around 23psi. So is it normal when i put it back to stock (position 00) its still not totally stock?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New thing happened today. I moved the trailer and when i shut the truck for about 5 min, when to restart it and no start. Put it back on position 00 (stock) and fire right up....

Another thing I noticed is when I start the truck on position 00 (stock) and i change to another position (any custom tune) the truck as a small hiccup, RPM go down like it want to stall and come back up where it should be. After its all good and everything look normal....

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I don't know where to start but here goes. I think you may have a problem with the Hydra connection to your PCM. If you over clean the connection down to the brass that could cause strange things to happen. If that connection is loose it could cause some of the things your seeing. When I installed my Hydra I cut the area around the bottom of the PCM out so I can remove the hydra without pulling the PCM. Right now my Hydra is out and I may put it up for sale soon. Not happy with PHP or their crappy chip.
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Overall im really happy with the chip and tune not ready to give up on it . Will keep looking for solutions

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure if i should make a new thread or not i need more info on hydra.

i have the chip install for 4 month now and yes i have improvement from stock. I ad nothing to do today so i decide to load up the chip from bunch of php tunes and go for a drive to test them.

My issue is i can't really feel the difference between stock position (00), 65DD, 80DD or 120hp. at WOT :throttle response are pretty much the same, boots go up to 30-32, feeling in the seat is the same, ....

the only difference i can feel is between DD and tow the shift point is different.

my box code HEX code im using is TNAA4S2 witch is for VDH2 PCM. i did try the HEX code of the VDH1, VDH3, VDH4 and VDH5 but they don't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts