The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just bought my first truck and it needs new tires in a bad way. I've never bought tires before but i'd prefer to get All Terrain All Season as i'm moving to a rural area/ and i also want them to do good in snow.
I've narrowed my options down to 5 tires but if you know a better one in the same price range please post it!
My current tire size is LT235/85R16
-Cooper Discoverer [email protected] $171 per
-Falken Wildpeak A/[email protected] $199 per
-Goodyear Wrangler Trailrunner A/T @ $171 per
-Toyo Open Country [email protected] $181 per
-Mastercraft Couser [email protected] $159 per
it currently has Mastercraft Courser's on it
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Tires are largely personal preference when following the manufactures tire size but for safety be sure you get the correct load range tire and that your combined load ratings of your (2) tires exceed your gross vehicle axle rating for front and rear. Maybe someone can copy a chart for you. I run load range E Firestone Transforce on my 2002 F350 Dually. On my Left door jamb is a sticker with the GVWR and axle ratings.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've been happy with the Kumho Venture AT51 tires.

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
I've been running Cooper Discoverer (#1 on your list) for years on mine. Good tires at a decent price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys! I looked at some Cooper discoverer atx3's at the tire place today and decided on those. They have a E load rating. They also had a $60 rebate too which is nice.
Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts