The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 2004 e350 6.0 van in delaware wife drove it cross-country with no problems it has egr delete that is a problem in california it has 1 cel on insufficient egr i need to smog it to register in california 115000 miles always babied never towed never been over 75 extremely clean camper van i am new to powersroke world am aware of egr and oil cooler issues i need a shop in san diego orange or riverside county that knows 6.0s am considering doing it myself but ITS A VAN not a pickup seems like a lousy way to learn how to undelete and get it right so I'm looking for help advice links parts shops tools u tube and such mostly a shop thats good honest in the area i know thats asking a lot thanx in advance

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
You need to identify whether or not it is an early 04 or a late 04. The easiest way is by looking to see if the ICP sensor is on the passenger valve cover or behind the turbo.

If it is a late 04, then it will take the later model EGR cooler. The best bet is to buy that from BulletProofDiesel. The OEM one isn't reliable enough to count on IMO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank u for taking an interest its a late model 04 I'm aware of bullet proof the delete is a bulletproof truly wish there was a way around pushing soot through it not to mention the cost I've done a bit of research I'm a better wrench than typist i checked on diesel tech ron rip at 67 i don't get around in tight places as i once did haven't pulled the doghouse yet can't see nothin under the hood since no one knows of a 6.0 mechanic worth his salt in san diego i guess ill have to tackle it labor day today gotta put ribs on the smoker thats a thirsty job ill call bpd tomorrow and watch ron do his thing on a pick up I'm open to all advice thanks again

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you think you can do it after watching Ron on youtube, just get started you will make out just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank u bismic and stmpdust for the help and encouragement found a guy on the tube that kinda explains how he did a van egr and oil cooler use a ratchet strap to pull exhaust outa the way to get turbo out intake comes out into the van glue gasket to intake before putting intake back on from inside perhaps someone could come over and hold a gun to my head while i do this to make sure i do it right i have a 41 ford with a 51 flathead innit thinking about this makes me wanna go pop the hood and stare at all that room

·
Registered
839 Posts
if the gasket comes off with no sealant install it the same way, i just put a few bolts in the intake and stick the gasket over the bolts underneath, move the intake into position and hand start the bolts checking that the gasket stayed, it will, install all the bolts hand tight before the snug down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts