The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is a 03' 7.3 stock, little over 200,000 miles on it.
Last year I did the shim mod on the injector armature plates and poppet valve for all the injectors. Everything worked great until the screw that held in the #1 injector armature plate came loose. Fixed that twice so far this year. Last time made sure it was clean used the proper thread seal and everything was working great until the other day. It started missing so I pulled off the valve cover and this time found that the screw on #1 injector for the armature plate broke off inside the poppet valve. There is no way I can extract it, even with a micro extractor, (tried) The engine is getting pulled at the end of the year and rebuilt and I don't want to spent the money on just replacing one injector so I am hoping one you may have a poppet valve or two that you can send me. A guy sent me two back at the end of last year but they were the wrong ones. Anyways the Injectors for this Truck year are model AD. Here is a picture of the AD poppet next to the other poppet that was sent me. Note the cone seat on the one that was sent me. I need the flat seat. If anyone has one or two they can spare let me know, or know where I can find them. I have exhausted all my contacts here in SoCal and nobody has them. If you want a few bucks let me know that and all cover the mailing costs. Money is tight right now because of the shelter in place B.S. but all do my best to reimburse anyone that can come through for me. Cheers and thx.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts