The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Administrators: If there's a better place to ask this question, don't hesitate to move it.

We're reaching a point where it's probably time to have the heads removed, rockers and valves worked, etc should we keep the truck. How does one go about finding someone to do this? Thanks! David

·
Registered
24 Posts
Administrators: If there's a better place to ask this question, don't hesitate to move it.

We're reaching a point where it's probably time to have the heads removed, rockers and valves worked, etc should we keep the truck. How does one go about finding someone to do this? Thanks! David
Can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this. But I'm new to diesels too so I don't have a clue as to where to go other than a dealer....
How many miles you got on the 6.4?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
He opted to order a '17.
Most areas have a specialty diesel shop for light trucks...ask around, someone will know of a shop that does good work. But it is never cheap on a 6.4.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't believe someone hasn't jumped on this. But I'm new to diesels too so I don't have a clue as to where to go other than a dealer....
How many miles you got on the 6.4?
156k as of 11/25/2016. While we do have a '17 on order, all I really have is an expensive sheet of paper. :) David

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
David,
Just turned 131k today--in 18 months, I doubled the miles ol Mel put on it in 5 years.
Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
156k as of 11/25/2016. While we do have a '17 on order, all I really have is an expensive sheet of paper. :) David
Just a bit over 72K on mine, @ 73.5K I have a oil change due...along with all the filters...people are telling me anywhere from $200-$300! :surprise:

Supposed to get to -35 with wind chill....Brrr

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Again, be sure you get Motorcraft filters if you don't go to a Ford dealer. And watch them do everything if possible--if the tech does not open the oil filter on top BEFORE draining the pan, they don't know how to work on the 6.4s. Same on the fuel filters--use MC only or it may not start after even aftet going thru the restart procedure. If you don't have Ford do the work, go buy the filters yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts