The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new reformulated "Other" forum lumps anything politically controversial together under one or two vague non-specific topic titles selected by the Moderator, and all posts on these topics thereafter are 'Reply'
posts with no clue as to contents until you read them. I, for one, haven't got time or inclination to read through 78++ replies to see if there is anything that might interest me. Judging by the flames and numbers, these controversial topic posts are still the most active in the entire 'Other' forum. I suggest the 'Other' forum be reserved for topics of general interest and information to all Ford-Dieselers, and a new FREE-FOR-ALL Forum be set up where politics and guns etc. can be discussed logically under both unlimited new topic posts or reply posts.
The standard Ford-Diesel Forum rules-of engagement and literary behavior would apply, with violators promptly deleted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jason, You already have the above topics being discussed on the forum. They are just not logically organized under relevant headings so anybody can chose a specific one to look at. It's like trying to read a newspaper with no headlines or article titles allowed.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I kinda like what the Other forum is. Pretty good talk, lots of views, one pesky liberal (
) and good exchanges all around. I don't vote for messing up a good thing.

------------------
Kevin

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
What Kevin said.

(added in edit)
Except I don't know about the liberal thing, I think he's turning into a moderate. Slow process, but it just might take.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 01-24-2000).]

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I agree with everyone except the Colonel. Jason has been nice enough even allowing subjects like gun control, abortion, and other highly contraversial issues discussed on here. Although he has chosen to censor such articles, that's his choice. Hell, he even allows the occasional CHEVY owner on his site!

I do agree that it's disorganized, but that's what Jason asked for. I also enjoy the other forum. Although I didn't agree with Jason about the censoring at first, I'm glad he did it to keep some order there.

------------------
'84 Chevy K10 Scottsdale 4x4. 305 V8. 40 Channel CB and 48" Twin Truckers
'00 Aerolite 25' Travel Trailer with Slideout.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noting that the 'Other' forum is once again an interesting lively informative spot, I will concede the battle for a Free-For-All Forum. The 'Jason Accords' have proven worthwhile to the overall Ford-Diesel.com objectives, and the Moderators have done a great job with the peacekeeping. My compliments to Jason and the troops. May the Ford-Diesel tribe prosper.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didn't surf into the Ford-Diesel site until after the great schism over the Other Forum, but now this forum still reads like a wonderful free-for-all, so I guess both sides won.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Baron,

The old "wild west days" on the other forum were something to behold. We had a real bad week here when Jason banned virtually everything that didn't pertain to a truck, but he reviewed his position and granted us limited discussions of the topics some of us love almost as much as our trucks.

The trucks are the common denominator that brings us together, but life requires more than just the trucks for all the intelligent members of this group. I think the new format is better than the free for all we had before and thank Jason for allowing us the freedom of the discussions we have here.

Mike

·
Registered
679 Posts
Mike,

So very well said!

Dave George

·
Registered
597 Posts
Jason has my vote on this as well. There are plenty of other places for the free-for-all controversies. I can live with the few discussions here and how they're currently being moderated. The uncontrolled discussions on other sites are bad for my blood pressure.

------------------
00 250 SD SC 4x4 PSD auto, Bright Amber (wannabe)
AHSA, USDF, RMDS, USPSA (Life), NRA, EPCSO Volunteer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts