The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile since I've read one of these posts, so I thought I would chime in...

Purchased an '06 PSD this weekend... been wanting one of these since they came out in 99, but I was in college and broke. Went shopping for a used '05 and ended up bringing home a new '06.

Should tow my 26' TT much better than my old '03 F150. It has a lot of options I don't want or need (such as PTO, dual alts, electric slider, FX4, 2-tone, etc.), but I just didn't have the patience to wait on an ordered vehicle with fewer options (I don't see how some of you guys do it).

I am crossing my fingers that most of the 6.0L problems are cured. I know this cool website will be a great help.

David

·
Registered
105 Posts
So far so good, I am at 7000 miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It's been awhile since I've read one of these posts, so I thought I would chime in...

Purchased an '06 PSD this weekend... been wanting one of these since they came out in 99, but I was in college and broke. Went shopping for a used '05 and ended up bringing home a new '06.

Congrats and Enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Should tow my 26' TT much better than my old '03 F150. It has a lot of options I don't want or need (such as PTO, dual alts, electric slider, FX4, 2-tone, etc.), but I just didn't have the patience to wait on an ordered vehicle with fewer options (I don't see how some of you guys do it).

Oh Yea! It will. Trust me, when you start adding the electronics, your going to love the dual alternators. The skid plates with the FX4 can come in handy. And with borrowing a 05 for a while when Rachels older Excursion was getting repaired, you will get spoiled with the electric slider in the summer.

I am crossing my fingers that most of the 6.0L problems are cured. I know this cool website will be a great help.

David

Hide your wallet around here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Barrett

·
Registered
386 Posts
5k today and purrs like a kitten.
Out of all my PSD's I think the 6.0 sounds the best!

·
Registered
377 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif That's right enjoy it.I was in the same boat as you as in the waiting game.It was worth the wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats.....8100 miles on mine with no problems. Couldn't be happier with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
92 Posts
4,900 miles here and NO problems. Good luck with yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just ordered a new 06. Can't wait to take delivery. F-350 Lariat Crew cab, Diesel. Manual transfer case and hubs. Camper pkg, plow pkg, Limited slip rear axle. Most the bells and whisles. Pretty happy with the price. Got x-plan plus 3,000. cash back unless something better comes out before delivery. Should have a Vin first of the week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts