The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biljo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sold my 2007 F350 KR dually for 45,000.00 last week (21,000 miles). The 2008 F450 KR loaded up was 58,450;(minus) 4000 off; 3000 in rebates (plus tax). I had the bedliner sprayed in; 5th wheel hitch (reese 16K); tint front windows; plastic 5th wheel tailgate; mudflaps: 1012.00. I picked it up Saturday morning. It is toooo sweet. Moonroof; navigation system, etc. It doesn't say anywhere here what the Job # is? </div></div>

$45,000 for a used 2007 F350 KR dually with 21,000 miles? Wow, you sure drive a hard bargain especially since with some negotiating, you could have bought that truck new for that!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huminie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">53 was the out the door price...as in the amount I wrote the check for...taxes, licences and all 'extras' included.</div></div>

Just another reason to lease. Pay the 2 year lease up front and all you pay is the tax for the 2 years lease. Put the rest in a CD or whaever and at the end of the 2 years, then buy the truck. You'll save thousands and then gain from the interest on the ramainder. Smart ones actually take out a second mortgage to pay for the 2 year lease and get a deduction on that plus the lease. If you pay the 2 year lease up front you get another discount from Ford to boot.

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just another reason to lease. Pay the 2 year lease up front and all you pay is the tax for the 2 years lease. Put the rest in a CD or whaever and at the end of the 2 years, then buy the truck. You'll save thousands and then gain from the interest on the ramainder. Smart ones actually take out a second mortgage to pay for the 2 year lease and get a deduction on that plus the lease. If you pay the 2 year lease up front you get another discount from Ford to boot. </div></div>

Sounds pretty complicated to me in order to make a vehicle worth the price.. Take the two year, up front money you let Ford have to invest, and invest it for yourself...
Personally, the buyer never wins on a lease/ purchase deal because the residual is usually tough.

I lease my wifes truck because she's ready to get rid of it when the carpet needs vacuuming, plus Tahoes are a dime a dozen and worthless used.. I also lease my daughters car because a car is worthless after three years.
But trucks? I always come out schmellin' like a rose with a truck..
Drove my 99 SD for 4 years, cost me $8,000.00 for that time.
Drove my 2003 DRW for almost 3 1/2 years, and it cost me 10K.
Drove my Chevy for four years, and it cost me $8,500.00
Do the math, that's less than $200.00 a month to own it..

·
Registered
556 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Invoice, minus rebates is the absolute MOST you should pay. X-plans are easy to get, and that will save you a few more bucks.
If your dealer doesn't see it that way, simply have Bobby Williams drop one in on his lap...
Ask SD John about that one! </div></div>Yeah totaly:p i got invoice and will get whatever rebates are when it is on the dealers lot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
two questions
How do you know the invoice ?
What are the current incentives?

I really want the new 250 but the better half will likely have some sticker shock

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can definitely remove the words "likely" and "some" from your last sentence. It ain't a maybe, dude...

If you're not confident your dealer is showing you invoice numbers, Consumer Reports has a decent "New Car Buying" guide. Their report includes a full listing of accessories with MSRPs and invoice for each. The report even includes rebates and incentives available in your area. I bought one of these reports before ordering my truck. I think it cost me 14 bucks. Cheap. It'll help the wife be confident your not taking it in the backside.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/custo...ars&pdxview=CRO

Good luck...

·
Registered
171 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treedude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a decent morgage try living in jersey. you have to spend any easy 400,000 on any house and still dump 100,000 or just go right for the move in condition for around 600,000 and then the average taxes are aroung ten thou a year </div></div>

Here in northern illinois we pay 10 grand a year in property taxes on a 300,000 house /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
65 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OlForder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can definitely remove the words "likely" and "some" from your last sentence. It ain't a maybe, dude...

If you're not confident your dealer is showing you invoice numbers, Consumer Reports has a decent "New Car Buying" guide. Their report includes a full listing of accessories with MSRPs and invoice for each. The report even includes rebates and incentives available in your area. I bought one of these reports before ordering my truck. I think it cost me 14 bucks. Cheap. It'll help the wife be confident your not taking it in the backside.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/custo...ars&pdxview=CRO

Good luck... </div></div>

Thank you for the link. I too am going to use this information - hopefully to my benefit. The report certainly provides me with some insightful information.

I am two weeks away from purchasing my 2008 F-250CC PSD Lariat 4x.

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieselJambalaya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I am two weeks away from purchasing my 2008 F-250CC PSD Lariat 4x.</div></div>
Good luck! I still haven't received my VIN after ordering more than 2 weeks ago. Buying a new truck is a time to exhibit p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e, for which I have very little.

·
Registered
678 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treedude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a decent morgage try living in jersey. you have to spend any easy 400,000 on any house and still dump 100,000 or just go right for the move in condition for around 600,000 and then the average taxes are aroung ten thou a year </div></div>

No kidding....my first mortgage 4 years ago on a $385,000 house (small 3 bedroom colonial on a piece of property the size of the postage stamp) was $2,200 a month (w/ taxes & insurance) after putting $80,000 down. I wish I could buy a house in NJ and have a mortgage payment under $1,000 a month.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Have these trucks gone up that much since May when I took delivery of mine. The price you quoted is very close to what I paid for the F-450 Lariat 4x4 in my signature with $7,000 of options. X-Plan and rebates is the way to go.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just bought a Lariat, sticker $53,405.00 Paid $46,309.14 out the door. tax's included. plus a Bed cover, Bed liner and ford splach guards throwen in. Did use a X plan,

21 - 34 of 34 Posts