The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new 1 ton, I can pull a boat with a tandem trailer a 8' utility trailer with no issues. I pull my 3 place snowmobile trailer with a utv on it and I get a shimmy. Tryed everything I know. It's a shimmy pause shimmy pause all the time. Any ideas. Thanks mark

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Well your shimmy could be different than my interpretation of a shimmy. Can you be a bit more descriptive of the issue??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Does it do it with no trailer? Have you checked the trailer tires well? I know my trailer tires will not balance, and I get a vibration from them at certain speeds. On my list to do is break down the tires and put in balancing beads.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It's the trailer causing it, not the truck. The 19 uses the same aluminum body as the F-150 and it is super sensitive to oddities such as an imperfectly balanced trailer, or an improperly torqued trailer wheel and they can be felt in the cab. I had pulled a flatbed with mine, and got to 60 and the truck shook like crazy. Turned out a wheel was not properly tightened on the trailer, smooth as silk afterwards. Had it been my 14, would not have felt it.

In your case, you are getting trailer sway, move everything forward to get more weight on the tongue, and/or drop the ball down a bit to lower the tongue and your problem should go away. A little trailer sway with a SD should not be felt, but with the new aluminum body, it just might be felt more than normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts